Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[kinda OT] Did you ever make your own clan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[kinda OT] Did you ever make your own clan?

Just got some idle time and some idle questions I want some answers to I noticed that a lot of clans seem to have a rather short "half-life" and I was wondering what might be the reason. The questions below kinda popped up around that thought

1. Did you ever "found" a clan? (in other words: Are you a clan leader?)

2. How long did/ since when does it exist?

3. If your clan got shut down, what was the reason?

4. What do you think are the most important things/characteristics for a clan?

5. What would make/made you join your clan(s)?

and finally...

6. What kind of character and what skills do you think should a good clan-leader possess?

Yes, I am the leader of CK (The leader quit and I took over but I was with the clan since day 1...me and a few other friends made CK a year ago)

Still exists now, started a year ago

CK is still going but before CK, I was in a clan called RU, they split up because a few members were arguing with each other every week, a few people said they should be booted, they were booted and some other members got angry with this, started blaming the RU leader so he quit and the clan fell apart. (This is when I left and helped form CK)

The members... they must be active, cool headed, not cause trouble, play for fun but can be serious when an important match is being played.

Good communications.....It is important for all members to communicate with each other, whether its via a forum, website or a chat program like MSN.

Like I said, before my CK clan, I was in RU... I joined because I played with the RU people often, they were nice, they even helped me get better and I wanted to be apart of that community.

6. What kind of character and what skills do you think should a good clan-leader possess?
    Clan leaders must possess good communication skills, they must be active, sensible, willing to listen to other members, but most of all enjoy being a good leader.

Comment

Good communications.....It is important for all members to communicate with each other, whether its via a forum, website or a chat program like MSN.
      Good point there... the farther apart they are, the more important communications are.

Comment

Never started a clan myself so questions 1 till 5 are useless.
        What a good clanleader must :
        - have communication skills
        - followed anger management for all the trouble clanmembers can make
        - willing to be the leader
        - have fun!!
        - always be respectfull to other clans and their members

Comment

Re: [kinda OT] Did you ever make your own clan?

Originally posted by Fir3ball

Yes, [NBS] Natural Born Snipers.

We just celebrated 4 years this month.

We're still here, although since 2k4 sniper hasn't taken off we still have members playing UT99 sniper. We do have a few who are playing 2k4 sniper, but most of our members are now playing in our VCTF division, CRUSH.

First, fun of course. I've always found that getting members with heart is more important than getting members with skill. Highly skilled players are eager to move on to what they feel is a better (more skilled) clan. People who are really into the game and have a lot of heart will learn. They are more eager to take on certain roles which they are good at than trying to be the highest scorer. We are a team based clan and we insist on team players. We may not win every match but we don't have people quitting when we have a loss either. Win as a team, lose as a team.

Fun, their own server(s), active members.
          and finally...

Someone who is good at organizing and good at knowing who will be best in what role. Not just in the game, but knowing who would be a good recruiter, who should handle tactics, who should admin the servers etc. They should be a good listener, because there is a good chance that your clan will become like a family, especially if fun is the main goal for the clan. They should also have the ability to let things go, i.e. not take everything to heart. (That's something I'm still working on) They also need to be tough and be able to make tough decicions. Clan leaders will find themselves in the middle of clan drama, both internal and external and you're going to make some unpopular decisions. If name calling bothers you, than being a clan leader probably isn't for you.

Comment

My clan got no direct link with ut2004 altough we will play it a lot when my friend will have it. THis is a small clan, 5 members, called StarForces, made of friends I know for more than a year and of friends I already saw in life. Its been 3 years (?) since the clan appeared, 5 when I started it alone and prepared stuff... slowly...

Thats it...

Comment

Yes. I began Jurassic Carnage Clan about three months ago and recently disbanded it because it was becoming too large too fast and I could not control it any longer. I did not have half the members' email addies.

I took the two most loyal members and now I run clan <ICE>. INORGANIC CHAOS EMPIRE. This clan has not officially begun because of minor drawbacks and the fact that iceNET, the website, is not yet complete.

So I guess it's a good time to say this: FLAKDINO454 is no more. I have changed my name permenantely. I shall stick around here though. This place never gets boring.

Comment

And your name is going to be...?

Comment

Originally posted by Da Spadger
                  And your name is going to be...?
                  THAT is for me to know, and for you to spend hours blowing apart your frontal lobe trying to figure out.:up:

Comment

Originally posted by FlakDino454
                    THAT is for me to know, and for you to spend hours blowing apart your frontal lobe trying to figure out.:up:

Oh noes, my frontal lobe... zzz... zzzzz....

Comment

I was in charge of [ME]...

and im the PR dude for |XYZ|

=/

Comment

Originally posted by Da Spadger
                        Oh noes, my frontal lobe... zzz... zzzzz....

OK: I will give a cookie and a bombing-run ball (eheheheh) to whoever figures out my new name first. The answer IS on this site.:up:

BTW: Sorry for OT and post hijack.

Comment

Well finally one of the board vets posted... thanks flak

and please b2t @rest

Agree with you on the unpopular decisions flak... a cl who can't do that will make the clan come apart eventually, and "dramas" seem to be a regular experience as member and leader of a clan ^^

The thing with making decisions, a cl can't go on like a big egomaniac dictator and always do what he feels like. The members won't take very long in going to another clan if you do that. Involving the members in the decisions without rendering the clan immobile is one of the most difficult tasks a cl has to perform imho.

Comment

Originally posted by FlakDino454
                            OK: I will give a cookie and a bombing-run ball (eheheheh) to whoever figures out my new name first. The answer IS on this site.:up:
                            I already have tons of BR-balls in my basement, scoring them takes time since the blue goal is on another continent. :sour:

Cookie? Pie > cookie any day.

You site isn't up yet.

Also: No more thread hijack now.

Comment

@Fir3Ball: The corruption of JCC taught me better how to control a clan. No mistakes with this new one.

@Da Spadger: It's on THIS site. Not mine. And you should watch weebl and bob. All about pies.:up:

Comment

Working...
                              X