Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you use first person view in vehicles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use 3rd person, but sometimes 1st if killing something with a raptor or manta, or sniping with the tank. I use 1st person while I'm sniping in the bender as well.

Comment

I think it's important to have a keybind for switching between 1st and 3rd that is just as easily accessible as your weapon binds. I use it all the time; I find 1st person better for aiming, 3rd person better for seeing what's going on around me, and I just switch back and forth as needed.

Comment

3rd:
        Manta, Scorpion, Hellbender (driver and side), Paladin, SPMA, Goliath (driver), Levi (driver), Cicada (pilot), and Raptor (sometimes 1st).

1st:
        Hellbender turret, Goliath turret, Levi turrets, Cicada gunner, and other turrets.

Originally posted by Killboy_LA:
        I think it's important to have a keybind for switching between 1st and 3rd that is just as easily accessible as your weapon binds. I use it all the time; I find 1st person better for aiming, 3rd person better for seeing what's going on around me, and I just switch back and forth as needed.
        VERY useful.:up:

Comment

1st person for Raptor (you really need it for that)

3rd person for pretty much everything else, even manta.

Mind you, I don't play onslaught much nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Killboy_LA
            I have togglebehindview set to my middle mouse :up:

Comment

Does anyone else find it annoying that there is not really any difference between 1st and 3rd in the Cicada laser turret seat?

Comment

isn't it meant for that?

Comment

well, it's kinda under the plane. The advantage of being able to shoot what's coming from the rear must have a con.
                  Btw, i don't think HUD indicators show up when using 3rd person in that turret, but you are supposed to shoot incoming missiles so that's pretty much useless if you don't see them coming.

Comment

Working...
                  X