[OT] Getting a job at Epic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT] Getting a job at Epic?

I was thinking, how good do you have to be to become an Epic Games level designer, and how do you get a job there?

Does anyone know what Epic looks for in hiring level designers and if Epic is always looking for new talent or only when they have a position open?

I would imagine that if you have the talent, EPIC will find a job for you to do, even if it is initially as a contractor. Get your maps out there, if enough people like them, EPIC will take note.

Indy :up:

Comment

<blatanthint>Epic wants to hire me as their web designer. They know they do.</blatanthint>

Comment

IndySkies,

I'd hope that was the case! I wonder if Mark Rein or Willhaven will reply to this topic?

Comment

They have job openings on their website, unfortunately their site seems to be down right now. (Weird because forums.epicgames.com is up)

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
            They have job openings on their website, unfortunately their site seems to be down right now. (Weird because forums.epicgames.com is up)
            Last time I checked, they weren't actively looking for level designers.

Comment

Re: [OT] Getting a job at Epic?

Originally posted by Severity
              I was thinking, how good do you have to be to become an Epic Games level designer, and how do you get a job there?

Does anyone know what Epic looks for in hiring level designers and if Epic is always looking for new talent or only when they have a position open?
              i would think to get a job in a major game company such as epic, you would have to be making things for the community for years, and probably get a job at a smaller game company, just as a reference for a resume.

Comment

The best way to get a job in the game industry is to make maps or mods for games like UT. I talked with many modders and most are doing work not for enjoyment but to get noticed.

Comment

Weren't they looking for somebody that was bilingual with japanese and english and had the ability to code ?

Thats what I remember last time I checked

[ BTW IM REAPER LAWL ]

Comment

Originally posted by Uzumaki Naruto
                    [ BTW IM REAPER LAWL ]
                    ROFL!:haha: :up:

but yeah, most likely epic hires people when they have positions open. but they may take contractors and such.

Comment

mmmmmmmmm cache..

We're actively seeking experienced applicants for the following positions:

Engine Support/Documentation Manager | FX Artist | High-Res Modeler | Motion Graphics / Graphic Designer | Programmers | Texture Artist

We're always happy to review resumes for any position – we'll make room on the team for people with top-notch talent and a proven track record.

Please email your resume (including the job title in the subject header of the email) to jobs@epicgames.com. If you are applying as an artist or level designer, please also include a link to an online portfolio. We thank you in advance for taking the time to send your resume or portfolio; due to the volume of contact we receive, we generally reply only to qualified candidates. All resumes must be in English.

All open positions are full-time, on-site at Epic Games' office in Raleigh , North Carolina.

If you do not have an online portfolio, please mail your portfolio or reel (in CD, DVD, or VHS format) to:

Epic Games
                      Attn: Recruiting
                      5511 Capital Center Dr, Suite 675
                      Raleigh , NC 27606

Resumes for art and level design positions will not be reviewed without portfolios. Epic is unable to return demo tapes, CD's or other submitted samples.

Comment

you go froggy lol

Its here when the site comes back:

http://www.epicgames.com/epic_jobs.html

Ty Frogger ^^

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                          you go froggy lol

Its here when the site comes back:
                          or here www.epicgames.com/epic_jobs.html

Comment

Even if its not Epic, Unreal Engine familiarity is going to be a very valuable skill in the games workplace of the next few years: Alot of companies will actually be using this engine, while more still will be using propeitary tools which are going to be increasingly similar.

Comment

Originally posted by vrxGz
                              <blatanthint>Epic wants to hire me as their web designer. They know they do.</blatanthint>
                              If you want to be their web designer, you'll also have to be their statstracking designer, if I'm reading that job correctly.

Comment

Working...
                              X