Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about the 'Hover-board' idea?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think with the way Im understanding the size of the new maps, there should be some sort of personal transportation device. But I dunno about the hover board lol. Id be happier with roller blades :noob:

Comment

what a terrible idea... maybe they should focus more on gameplay instead of lame vehicles and hoverboards so they dont keep pushing people to quake.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectUT
        Well how about we just breach every copyright law there is, and say stuff you my version is better. Get a grip!

The use of the rayden character (among others) is a rip, even thou MidWay is the copyright holder of the character rayden, it's still a rip off.

If Epic and MidWay have to result to using content from other games, then UT2007 is dead already. Hoverboard is a rip from Back To The Future,,, how much are they paying for it's use.

UT2007 looks to be aimed at the younger market, which is a shame considering the MA17+ content rating. <-- Did you hear that Epic & MidWay, think you need to lower that to PG8+ if you include childish content.
        The fact that UT has rocket launchers is so a rip off of the ancient Chinese.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectUT

If Epic and MidWay have to result to using content from other games, then UT2007 is dead already. Hoverboard is a rip from Back To The Future,,, how much are they paying for it's use.

UT2007 looks to be aimed at the younger market, which is a shame considering the MA17+ content rating. <-- Did you hear that Epic & MidWay, think you need to lower that to PG8+ if you include childish content.
          *points wildly at ProjectUT while trying to think of words to say*
          Exactly. This guy understands. Hoverboard...think little kids going "VOOOM WOOOSSSSSSSH wooOOomoooOOom" (woOomoOom is the idling sound)....

But for crying out loud, what do you expect Gamers who go into and above their 50's (!) to want. Hoverboards. The chances are they yell at kids on skateboards out the window as they drive-by.

Phew. [/end rant]

Anyhow, the whole 'copycat' thing is true, but...sometimes needed in controlled bursts. Back in the good ol days of ut. ****ing original **** back there...

Comment

Originally posted by rippy_dog
            I say make it a normal vehicle, that's always well stocked at all the nodes on the map (2, 3, maybe even 4 per node).

That way you can't just pull a big hoverboard out of your ***, fly to their base, shove it back in again, fire a redeemer at point blank, pull the hoverboard back outta your ***, and run. (That's what mantas are for :P) It's stupid because you're just making it appear out of nowhere (unless its strapped to your back [WORSE!] or maybe an energy board or somethin).
            4 hoverboard per node? what about a new game type, hoverslaught, doesnt it sounds great? it would be onslaught but with the replaces all by hoverboard mutator on

:up:

The translocator gotta be the ... badest thing I ever saw in my life, it KILLS the gameplay! Not everyone love it, many hates it Im not saying anything against you but its just my opinion..
            IMO the translocator just kills the gameplay when its used to move, instead of running, like in CTF

when i got my UT2007 copy running decently in my computer i will say to my friends:
            I play UT2007, ya know it?
            Is it that FPS game with tha retarded hoverboard thingy?....

Comment

Originally posted by blh
              Now there would be a fun filled lawsuit. Then A.C. Clarke could sue NASA or the Russians maybe for stealing his idea for a communications satellite, the H.G. Wells estate could sue everybody whoever wrote a story with spaceships or time travel or invisibility or mutation.
              The Tolkien estate could sue all those Forgotten Realms ******** too. JUSTICE AT LAST
              Originally posted by =XM=
              Get a clue please, because you are an idiot.

No, the idea has been around for a long while and comes back from time to time in a movie(retrun to the future), book(snow crash), games(chaosUT for example, but then again chaosUT is full of rehashes and borrowed ideas).

How many general ideas are not 100% original in gaming or any activity/industry/field after a certain time? No one holds copyrights to hoverboards or hovercars or hoverbikes. I woulc quote blh's whole post as he illustrate the principle well, but then I am too afraid he would sue me for breaching his copyright.

It amazes me at a time when we are trying to get EU MPs to move their fat, lazy asses and go to the Parliament to fight the Council's "on the patentability of computer-implemented inventions" directive, that so many morons like ProjectUT first of all have no ****in clue what copyright means and secondly think that general ideas and concepts should be owned by someone.

P.S: Rayden was a tasteless addition to UC2 but it's a console game, on an M$ console in addition, who gives a ****? It was wrong as a character cross-over but certainly not a "rip-off".
              Originally posted by rippy_dog
              lmao!

And I suppose books are a rip from whoever invented them thousands of years ago? And fridges, and cars! And let's not forget pencil shavings, whoever thought those up must be real mad at all the people ripping his ideas.

Gimme a break. The "hoverboard" isn't a patented invention, it's a generic idea.
              Originally posted by placebo
              The fact that UT has rocket launchers is so a rip off of the ancient Chinese.
              Like I said, children.
              get some brains guys, don't you think your taken the rip off content to the extreme.

How about we just go back to when God made Adam and then ripped us off by making Eve similar to Adam.

Noobs.

Comment

Sounds newbtastic.

Comment

The UT2007 team is thrilled this poll indicates a lot of interest in hoverboards if done right. Too bad a potentially useful thread degenerated into a typical INA flame fest.

Comment

Working...
                  X