Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about the 'Hover-board' idea?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this could revolutionize onslaught :up:

Comment

Could work if done right.

IMO, I think it should only be for grappling onto vehicles. If it has a decent reach, you'll never get left behind when some moron tries to leave without giving rides. To be able to use the board solo might make it too difficult to keep balanced. But if Epic thinks of a cool way to do it, then cool with me.

There should also be vehicle specific limits to how many people can attach to it, so 12 people can't latch on to a manta for example. But the vehicle should NOT slow down if people are attached. If a manta with 5 people on top goes as fast as one with no people on it, then why should it slow down when someone attaches.

You should be able to shoot while on the board. It'll be difficult to be at all accurate anyway, so who's going to be shooting that much. It'll be just like riding on top of a vehicle, why change it just because your attached.

Only my opinion though.:up:

Comment

sounds good to me, one of the most irritating things in ONS is when you find yourself in a position where you have to walk long distances.

Grappling onto vehicles sounds cool too, lots of scope for fun if you can tag onto an enemy manta too...

tbh I trust the game devs to do their job and im sure they wont leave anything in that doesnt work out in testing. So far so good at least

Comment

Originally posted by CREMBELS
          the problem of n00bs in runaway benders is now solved :up:
          Not if said n00bs go driving off the nearest cliff with you latched on to their bumper.

Comment

Come to think of it, this whole grappling thing kind of kills the point of sharing a vehicle...

Comment

:down: Hover Board and Grappling Hook. What is this? Megaman?

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias
                :down: Hover Board and Grappling Hook. What is this? Megaman?
                It would be if people had a gun grafted to their right arm. Also people would have to be fat midgets, but I think Epic will be able to get that right. (right if you like fat midgets that is)

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                  It would be if people had a gun grafted to their right arm. Also people would have to be fat midgets, but I think Epic will be able to get that right. (right if you like fat midgets that is)
                  UT99 = Great Game Ever
                  UT2003 = Ok Game
                  UT2004 = Hit the Floor
                  UT2007 = xxxxxxx

Well you figure it out, a ****ing hover board, Grappling hook don't they have any imagination at all. Looks like children are really making this version.

UT2007 = Rip Off of other peoples idea's - is all I got to say. For example, rip off from mortal combat in UC2 Rayden.

It's looking bleak for UT2007.
                  Don't care what ya mama says.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectUT
                    UT99 = Great Game Ever
                    UT2003 = Ok Game
                    UT2004 = Hit the Floor
                    UT2007 = xxxxxxx

Well you figure it out, a ****ing hover board, Grappling hook don't they have any imagination at all. Looks like children are really making this version.

UT2007 = Rip Off of other peoples idea's - is all I got to say. For example, rip off from mortal combat in UC2 Rayden.

Rayden wasn't a rip-off, you obviously just don't have a sense of humor.

I hate how everyone thinks that if you use a feature that's been in another game, your game is automatically second-rate. I'd personally want game companies to rip off the best features of each others games, since that could only make gaming on the whole better.

Oh, and UT99 is just nostalgia for you.

Comment

Could work if done right.

Reminds me of that old game TrickStyle. Not a great game but the boards were done pretty good, they'd probably work better in ONS then they did in that game, if the maps were big enough for them and the rules for using them made some sense.

I don't think getting stranded is that big a deal in ONS really. Besides vehicles there's teleporting from one node to another, and if nothing else you can suicide and usually get somewhere pretty quick that way.

In fact I think it could be neat if getting stranded could be made into a hazard that could generally be avoided by skill.

In conclusion I hope Epic doesn't jinx themselves by listening too seriously to junk like this.

Comment

if I could code, my first mutator ever would be: no-hoverboard:sour:

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectUT
                          UT99 = Great Game Ever
                          UT2003 = Ok Game
                          UT2004 = Hit the Floor
                          UT2007 = xxxxxxx

I agree with this guy.

if I could code, my first mutator ever would be: no-hoverboard
                          but think this guy is more realistic....

Bottom line, yes it COULD work. But the changes are so drastic that it could easily kill the entire ONS/CON gametype. Ahah, 'but you have mutators' you say...but still, if epic do go ahead with this, they will take away precious time balancing out the game (vehicle wise, weapon wise, map wise) for use with both hoverboard, and a set of legs.

Lets face it, the translocator is something everyone loved/loves. Why add something else?

Now onto the concept... Its a hoverboard, it is extremely unoriginal. Look back at UT99 (a revolutionary game). It included the redeemer, translocator, assualt gametype, made mutators and editing a key part of the game/community... the originality made it a fantastic game.

"hows about we add a hoverboard, hahaha, kewl!' ...doesnt sound revolutionary to me.

disclaimer: I did start with UT99, I did enjoy UT2003, and I do love UT2004, I think their all great

Comment

I say make it a normal vehicle, that's always well stocked at all the nodes on the map (2, 3, maybe even 4 per node).

That way you can't just pull a big hoverboard out of your ***, fly to their base, shove it back in again, fire a redeemer at point blank, pull the hoverboard back outta your ***, and run. (That's what mantas are for :P) It's stupid because you're just making it appear out of nowhere (unless its strapped to your back [WORSE!] or maybe an energy board or somethin).

Also, like I just said, it'd pretty much encourage people to run in places all suicidal like, and then take out that hoverboard and run.

So, I think the whole idea would be great, if were a normal vehicle and not a n00b's translocator.

Comment

Originally posted by rippy_dog
                              I say make it a normal vehicle, that's always well stocked at all the nodes on the map (2, 3, maybe even 4 per node).

That way you can't just pull a big hoverboard out of your ***, fly to their base, shove it back in again, fire a redeemer at point blank, pull the hoverboard back outta your ***, and run.
                              :up: :up: :up:

i like this guy!

it could be the only vehicle that allows you to use your player weapons.

it could move as fast as the manta, and it could still have the ability to latch onto vehicles.

and how much armour it has could depend on how much health and armour you have:up:

rippy_dog pwns kthx

Comment

I think its a great idea if done right, but then, almost anything you suggest is a good idea if its implemented right......

Comment

Working...
                                X