Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about the 'Hover-board' idea?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a great way to get yourself killed, is what it is...

Comment

I'll be happy if you can knock people off. Seeing a nice wipe out after nailing them with the SR would be cool, or having it spin madly out of control when hit with flak. I don't think they'll be very fast, maybe half the speed of a manta (unless being pulled), that means they'll only be good for times when you'd otherwise be walking. I think faster single person tranport is important for large maps and hoverboards are a good was to get people where they need to be without giving them a vehicle. More time spent in the action, less time spent in vehicles and walking. Sounds like a good combo, but I'll wait till I play it.

Comment

i just had an idea, when people are hooked to a vehicle with the grapling device and this vehicle explodes, wouldnt that mean if this vehicle explodes in the air all those boards get torn with it. :alien: . I see some possible amasing frags here

Comment

I think it could work because from what I hear the maps are only going to get bigger. It always sucks when all the vehicles are gone and you have to dodge jump to get anywhere.

Comment

Would be good if the link pulled it, so you could sling shot your own team with it use it as a weapon by tossing it or steal enemy boards with it.

Comment

Originally posted by [FnG]~pixie~
              Would be good if the link pulled it, so you could sling shot your own team with it use it as a weapon by tossing it or steal enemy boards with it.
              And you could charge vehicles as you go! Now that's a good idea! Actually give the driver a reason to let you hook on.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha ]
                I misunderstood you, sorry.

Comment

i think it sounds like a lot of fun, especially if it were made well, or made customizable.

i think you should be able to shoot while riding, not while grappling though, since going that fast it would take skill to hit anything.

I think in a board vs person fight, the person would win, just like they win against mantas, scorpions, tanks (if they're good) and people who use the bender as a personal vehicle.

they shouldn't be allowed to run people over, well maybe, i dunno, it just seems to die from a little wimpy board would be lame, maybe a bit of damage but nothing serious.

it definitely wouldn't be in dm, ctf, or tdm, since it is clearly a vehicle, i doubt they would put it anywhere else. They'd have to make it a little bumpy though, so that you don't always stay on it.

Comment

also i think you should be able to jack it from people like press use when some ones already on it to push them over and then get on it your self and also have it attachable to enemy vehicles then self destruct it which will destroy the atached vehicle toooo

Comment

Nice, but the question is: can you slice off heads with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
                        It needs to be well balanced for it to work, but i think it could be the coolest thing ever if its done well.

Needs to be mountable on the move, so going from running to hoverboarding is just one smooth movement.

Avrils should lock on During the mounting period, during the useable period and during the unmount period.

Attatching to vehicles should be the same, more or less instant so if the vehicle is about to blow you can detatch quickly.
                        If they stick to the "Snow Crash" concept, your wishes should come true.

I also think it could be pure ownage. But such an item is so easy to unbalance that i'll wait 'till the game is released to say wether or not it is actually great.

Comment

it sounds good, but it HAS to be done right or it will be a complete failure. and it needs to have the grappeling hook

think of this...

we haev n00bs that drive off in passenger vehicles with no passengers right? so next time this happens throw the hook at the escaping vehicle and latch on to it and FORCE the n00b to drag you on.

the problem of n00bs in runaway benders is now solved :up:

what i DON'T want is hundereds of skateboarding maps >_<
                          its going to be millions of
                          con/ons-OMGLEETSKATEBOARDINGBBQLOLFEST-DEEMERSKARRJSAUCEEDITION!!1!Oneeleven

Comment

Re: What do you think about the 'Hover-board' idea?

Originally posted by eldiablo2003
                            What do you think about the 'Hover-board' idea?

Quote from an interview with EPIC in this months UK edition of PC Zone...
                            "One of our favourite ideas is the notion of a personal hoverboard for Onslaught mode. Carried as a default item, it would be a nimble. Back to the Future-esque affair, enabling you to zoom around far quicker than walking. The disadvantage is that you can't shoot while in motion, though a related idea is to combine the hoverboard with a grappling device for hooking onto passing vehicles (or people)."

Sorry, that second option should read "if it were done right" not "of"...

Personally, I think this sounds really cheesey, absolutely everyone will be either in a vehicle or on a hoverboard, its going to be so totally removed from the classic gameplay of the original UT.
                            Yepp cheesy no more explanations needed...

Comment

Originally posted by brian4000000
                              If epic doesnt put it in for dm,ctf,tdm im sure someone will.
                              thats ok becos hardly anyone plays 3rd party mods anyway >_< NO HOVERBOARD IN CLASSIC GAMETYPES PLZ!

Comment

Originally posted by Voidmoon
                                I think it could work because from what I hear the maps are only going to get bigger. It always sucks when all the vehicles are gone and you have to dodge jump to get anywhere.
                                if your near a veichle spawn you can telenode...

Comment

Working...
                                X