Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about the 'Hover-board' idea?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems a bit dodgy.. It depends on how they're doing it. I don't want to see "skating" in UT.

Comment

prepair for hundreds of lame scateboarding maps

Comment

If done right, it could be a boone to getting players around the map in a team effort. Think about this, will you, the Manta can hold up to a couple extra riders. With a hoverboard option, even more teammates can hitch a ride from a Manta. I don't understand why some of you are so negative about an extra mode of transportation. The problem now with big ONS maps is that many players grab a multiple passenger vehicle and run off with NO PASSENGERS. At least with a 'Board, I can get around faster than on foot when some idiot drives off in an empty 'Bender.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzlebunny
          Seems a bit dodgy.. It depends on how they're doing it. I don't want to see "skating" in UT.
          That was personally my favorite part of Tribes.

Comment

Yes, lets poo-poo on the new ideas before the game is even out.

Originally posted by eldiablo2003
            its going to be so totally removed from the classic gameplay of the original UT.
            Ummm, thank god... keeping ONS less like UT99 would be a blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by breadtruck
              keeping ONS less like UT99 would be a blessing.
              ONS and UT99 really don't belong in the same sentance.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                ONS and UT99 really don't belong in the same sentance.
                You're right, UT99 and ONS should seldom be seen in the same sentence if at all.

Comment

I like the idea. I always enjoyed the "personell vehicles" mutator that put the bikes at all the nodes, and this sounds about the same

Comment

Sounds like a fun idea.

Comment

could work but there should be option to have it on or not cause im sure some noobs can ruin the game for u. but i cant be bothered to explain how they ruin it ,work it out

Comment

Sounds kinda kewl

but kinda gimmeky:alien:

Comment

A possible bad point about the hoverboard idea is that it would be pretty much impossible to damage the player using it with anything but instant-hit weapons. In that sense it's also not a possible replacement for the translocator, because a translocating player is probably an EASIER target for spam weapons rather than a harder one.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                            A possible bad point about the hoverboard idea is that it would be pretty much impossible to damage the player using it with anything but instant-hit weapons. In that sense it's also not a possible replacement for the translocator, because a translocating player is probably an EASIER target for spam weapons rather than a harder one.
                            I doubt they would add the hoverboard to CTF (at least i hope not.) Epic wouldnt dare replace the xloc would they?

as for ons/con i like the idea of avril locking frosty

I think the hoverboard should not add any armor, so you only have to do 100 damage (or more depending on the health/armor pickups they have) to frag them. and dont forget, you have a hoverboard too! catch up with them and send them a flak ball suprise when you get in their vacinity! :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Lexmark
                              I doubt they would add the hoverboard to CTF (at least i hope not.) Epic wouldnt dare replace the xloc would they?
                              I wasn't specifically thinking of CTF.

Originally posted by Lexmark
                              I think the hoverboard should not add any armor, so you only have to do 100 damage (or more depending on the health/armor pickups they have) to frag them. and dont forget, you have a hoverboard too! catch up with them and send them a flak ball suprise when you get in their vacinity! :up:
                              You're forgetting you can't fire while on the board. If this thing has the speed to make it useful (read: faster than walking), in the time it takes to switch to another weapon your opponent will be gone again.

Comment

I don't think you guys are getting the idea right:P
                                I mean if there was a Hover-Board that only moves when you hook it to another vehicle all you need to do to stop him is to stop the vehicle he is hooking to
                                & I say it would be fairly easy to kill someone with a HS ;P while he is on one, even on max speed

I'm an Xloc lover & I think Xloc is one of the main things that made UT fun so I'm sure this will work as well since I haven't seen other games use this except a game called trick-style & it was not an FPS

Comment

Working...
                                X