UT2007 Wallpapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for this thread Virax. :up:

Flak, thanks for posting the logos and Manta imagery. :up: :up: I used them to make a couple of wallpapers but won't be sharing the wallies. I was informed recently that my work is horrible. Therefore, due my being overly sensitive of late (too much stress at the office) I've removed as much of my "work" as I can find, and won't be posting anymore for a while. I can take criticism, and I thought the guy actually had a point. I surely wouldn't dream of forcing anyone to view such atrocities. Maybe I'll get back to posting pics if I can improve my graphics work.

Comment

Updated with new wallpapers. One's just a recolor, but the other's new.

Originally posted by Crotale
      I used them to make a couple of wallpapers but won't be sharing the wallies. I was informed recently that my work is horrible. Therefore, due my being overly sensitive of late (too much stress at the office) I've removed as much of my "work" as I can find, and won't be posting anymore for a while. I can take criticism, and I thought the guy actually had a point. I surely wouldn't dream of forcing anyone to view such atrocities. Maybe I'll get back to posting pics if I can improve my graphics work.
      The guy did have a point, though I think he voiced it a bit too harshly. As a matter of fact, it was seeing your wallpaper that inspired me to make mine. See the color similarity in the gradient on the first wallpaper?

Anyhow, it's always good that you can take criticism constructively - but no art is faultless, and to call your own work an atrocity simply because someone pointed out an issue is a bad way of dealing with it, in my opinion.

The best way to improve is by showing your work and getting more criticism.

Comment

Virax, I sent you a PM.

Comment

"Here's one I made earlier" *UPDATED*

[shot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/malc_desktop_1280_2.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Fix the little seam between the Malcolm image and the background gradient and it'll be sweet.

Comment

Like this? :bulb:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...top_1280_2.jpg

Comment

Better. Somehow soften the edge of your Malcolm image.

Comment

That's as good as it's going to get. I didn't save a version with layers intact...:down:

Comment

I think it's fine, as-is. But, that's just imo. :0

Comment

I love it slain, that's beautiful!

Crotale, one man's garbage is another man's masterpiece. You will continue to get better. Some of my harshest critics are the ones who taught me the most.

Comment

Flak, thanks for the support. That's what makes this community what it is.

Okay, after getting some tips from Virax, I have brought a wallpaper to the thread. I hope it looks good, as I've learned a few things over the last couple of days. The screeny is in a low-res jpeg format. I'll keep trying to improve at this graphics stuff.

Here it is in Hi-res.

[shot]http://www.acliffhanger.com/images/2ndgoround.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Excellent! It's improved alot since I last saw it. And yes, it does look good. The only gripe I have is that the manta is noticeably blurred, but that's understandable, as no one outside of Epic has access to a higher res shot. ;p

Comment

Ok heres mine:

Ya ya i know its not called UT : Envy. The thing is i made this wallpaper a really really long time ago, and im just posting here without making changes. I couldnt care less about the name at the time. What happened was me and my friend had a contest on who could make the best ENVY wallpaper in the SHORTEST amount of time, so I just made that.

However, I MIGHT make changes to this and make it better (Also changing the name to UT2007). I also need a proper background cuz at the moment its black. You may help me find one too.

Any suggestions/comments?

Comment

Nice overall, but too low-res. The malcom part is excellent.

I think it'd be far improved if there was a faint showing of a UE3 environment between those green lines. That little bit of 2D art at the top left feels out of place, and the logo you've got there should definitely be replaced by the official one.

Finally, I'm tempted to say that after all that is done, everything except malcom should be totally desaturated; it would put a great deal of emphasis on him, which is where the emphasis belongs.

Comment

Thanks Virax.

Agent, I only have one thing to say...DAYUM! I do agree with Virax on the logo.

Comment

Working...
                                X