Add ping to server filters???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add ping to server filters???

Would it be a good idea to add ping in the server filter list? Sure its listed next to the server but what good does it do to list an extra 200 servers with a ping that is unplayable. Just a thought.:bored:

Hmmm... yeah, nice idea.

Comment

yes. i hate going through and trying to find a server with under 120 ping.

Comment

It would have it's problems. Ping fluctuates a lot, and right after the server loads a map, the ping is usually 150+ for a second or two and then it goes back to normal. Just sort the server browser by ping, having it as a filter would have problems.

Comment

agreed, just sort by ping, and voila, the low ping servers are at the top

Comment

Occasionally I'll click on server accidentally that has higher ping that what I care to play with and it can be a nusance for a minute while I wait for the map to load, get in the game, and exit back to the browser.

They have a ping filter in CS:Source and I have it filtering out anything over 100. So, if it was implemented, I'd use it.

Comment

That's a great idea. It should definately be implemented :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Firebert
                makes sense to me.

Comment

That's how its done

Comment

Ping is already the default sort so the game dev's have already got you covered.

Comment

It would be nice indeed, and it wouldn't hurt anyone because you can turn it on or off at will. Nice idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Firebert
                        No, because if I want a low ping server with a lot of players then I have to sort by ping and then search down the list. I want to be able to sort by map or player amount and know that whatever I pick will have a playable amount of ping.

Comment

I thought this thread would get a little more input, but i guess most people dont care. Must be nice to have a high speed connection:sour:

Comment

good idea :up:

I would use it - thought about it myself when I make my custom flter....

saw it on Alien vs Predator 2 and used it - horrible game btw

we all have our good servers that we join and having all the N/A and 200 and above servers out would be good...

sad that I have to play above 200 tho.... so maybe my filter would be set to 300 ...

and nuffin a refresh can't fix if a server is loading... I refersh at least twice any way just to be SURE...... he he

Comment

Originally posted by cyghost
                              good idea :up:

I would use it - thought about it myself when I make my custom flter....

saw it on Alien vs Predator 2 and used it - horrible game btw

we all have our good servers that we join and having all the N/A and 200 and above servers out would be good...

sad that I have to play above 200 tho.... so maybe my filter would be set to 300 ...

and nuffin a refresh can't fix if a server is loading... I refersh at least twice any way just to be SURE...... he he
                              As both cyghost and I know, Ping is a terrible thing to have too much of.

I might make a filter like that.:up:

Comment

Working...
                              X