Timing Strategies for powerups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gargorias
    I have a little scenario. Four people at the same time all time the Damage Amp to perfection and I,m lurking thereabouts ready to hit them all with charged rockets or a shock combo or even a flak ball. It is highy unlikely that you will be the only one trying to time the powerups, and you better consider that before you go missing out on kills simply to get to them first. If you are just running around throwing weaponfire here and there in an attempt to use a set path for powering timeups rather then being aggressive and going after your opponents and frags then more then likely you will f___ing lose. I don't know about the rest of you but I,m not going to let you run off and I am not going to run off to get the Amp in a middle of a fight.
    To not run off and grab the 50a or a weapon I can understand, but the amp? It'll get you more kills than whoever you were attacking at the moment. It'll also stop your opponents from using it on you. Amped bullets... hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by SWG_Victim
      To not run off and grab the 50a or a weapon I can understand, but the amp? It'll get you more kills than whoever you were attacking at the moment. It'll also stop your opponents from using it on you. Amped bullets... hurt.
      :heart: Better to learn how to dodge and strafe and avoid weapon fire then panic about someone with the Amp - if they don't hit you then it is useless to them isn't it? A lot of players appear to be way to cocky when they have the Amp so most of the time you have an edge over them anyway if you stay cool!

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias
        :heart: Better to learn how to dodge and strafe and avoid weapon fire then panic about someone with the Amp - if they don't hit you then it is useless to them isn't it? A lot of players appear to be way to cocky when they have the Amp so most of the time you have an edge over them anyway if you stay cool!
        Yes but if they whip out the minigun then you're toast

Plain and simple, the amp doubles your damage. It is better for you to have more damage than it is for your opponent to have more damage

Comment

gargorias, being overly aggressive in deathmatch will ALWAYS get you killed against a skilled player. patience is a vurture, and so is knowing when to whip out the shield and head for the 100. extremely few matches go above 20 kills (when the kill limit is set to unlimited) between two good duelers and that's because they will back off in a fire fight rather than follow the leader into a flak ball. 90% it is a good idea to back off from a fight to grab the 100 or the amp.

Comment

Originally posted by cyghost
            I would just like to takes this moment to thank vrxGz (**** difficult name!)

your first post here is a clasic and helpful as opposed to rude and sarcastic - and the response from the poster shows that

if you respond to questions like this you will have my (and others like me), undying gratitude

good job m8 - keep it up :up:

ps: I still don't time, but disagreeing with you is not the point of my post
            I'm glad you appreciate it. I get rather competitive (and sometimes harsh) once I get into my 'debate mode,' but I really do try to be helpful, for the most part.

Oh, and just call me Virax. <3

Originally posted by chimbaktu
            gargorias, being overly aggressive in deathmatch will ALWAYS get you killed against a skilled player. patience is a vurture, and so is knowing when to whip out the shield and head for the 100. extremely few matches go above 20 kills (when the kill limit is set to unlimited) between two good duelers and that's because they will back off in a fire fight rather than follow the leader into a flak ball. 90% it is a good idea to back off from a fight to grab the 100 or the amp
            Quite, quite true. I just can't help myself, though; I've got to mention that there are several top players who - somehow - manage to play extremely offensively, and still get away with the frag (even against other players of the same level.) I've seen Stryfe attack his equals (when they're stacked) with like... 19 hp, and still come out the victor. It's pretty crazy.

Of course, players like that are the exception - not the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by legacy-gargorias View Post
              I have a little scenario. Four people at the same time all time the Damage Amp to perfection and I,m lurking thereabouts ready to hit them all with charged rockets or a shock combo or even a flak ball. It is highy unlikely that you will be the only one trying to time the powerups, and you better consider that before you go missing out on kills simply to get to them first. If you are just running around throwing weaponfire here and there in an attempt to use a set path for powering timeups rather then being aggressive and going after your opponents and frags then more then likely you will f___ing lose. I don't know about the rest of you but I,m not going to let you run off and I am not going to run off to get the Amp in a middle of a fight.
              run and fire :P

Probably works better in 1 on 1, you can push them back with fire as you run backwards towards amp, and of course flak nade or shock combo around the corners they are likely to follow you around if they think they have you weak. Then they will run and hide when they hear you pick up the amp and they have 30 health, if anything it gives you a chance to get some health. If they don't you will most likely kill them as you have amp and they don't :P

Comment

Was that bump "really" needed?

Comment

Working...
                X