ENC UT2004 : petition for cash prizes !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENC UT2004 : petition for cash prizes !

/!\ I ask ALL UT2004 players that want cash prizes for UT2004 European Nations Championship (the 3 other games share 25000 €) to "sign the petition" by replying to this topic :

http://www.esl-europe.net/enc/season.../95803?start=0

This isn't the place for it, go post this some where else.

Comment

Originally posted by Xipher
      I thought you should be made aware that you are within the general discussion section of the UT2003/UT2004 forums.

Comment

Originally posted by vrxGz
        I thought you should be made aware that you are within the general discussion section of the UT2003/UT2004 forums.
        Yes, for the game, not for European National Championship. If they really want to start a petition, I would suggest on their forums, and leave it there.

Comment

Yes, for the game, not for European National Championship. If they really want to start a petition, I would suggest on their forums, and leave it there.
          If it's a general discussion for the game, things that pertain to the game in general most definitely belong here. :\

Comment

They probably don't want to throw money at the game because it's not popular enough. A few fans posting on a website about it isn't going to change that.

It may be that the game will only become popular enough when Epic makes changes to it based on mass appeal and ignores its 'dedicated' fan base, because the masses don't want the game envisioned by its 'hardcore' fans.

Comment

I usually try to be polite even when flaming, but you're not worth it, so here it goes:

Shut your ****ing pie hole if you don't have anything useful to say and if promoting this game is of no interest to you, ****ing moron.

Some people are so wet about ut2007 they forget this is the ut2004 forums, and anything, like cash prize competitions would do this game some good. More players, more publicity whatever, it is a good thing.

Comment

You have problems of comprehension Xipher I think...

"... to "sign the petition" by replying to this topic : http://www.esl-europe.net/enc/season.../95803?start=0 "

"The money for prizes and lanfinals comes from the sponsors, in the case of CS and WC3 that's Intel and ATI, in the case of FIFA it is EA. ATARI were asked but weren't interested."

The problem is that ATARI don't want to support his game : UT2004 :downcast:

Comment

Wherever the money comes from, any reluctance to throw it down a well is perfectly understandable.

Comment

Xipher your a stupid dude ya know eh ?

KK any money tournaments for Ut will deffinitly automatically make it a big hit. So therefore we need money tournaments because that is all that the community decides to play for.

Comment

The 'community' that plays for nothing but the opportunity to play in money tournaments is a small and very unentertaining fraction of the game's customer base.

People that have money available to waste on a tournament for a relatively unpopular game obviously aren't quick to do so, and I don't blame them.

If they want the game to be more popular they'd do better to change it so as to appeal to a broader audience, or simply buy more advertising.

Of course, if they change the game for mass appeal it probably won't be a game that appeals to the dedicated amongst its current fanbase, just like those other more popular games aren't.

Thankfully for me anyway, it's not my problem.

Comment

funny thing tho - if there were more money tournaments, more players would play and the game would gain popularity

I was really sad that it was left our of WCG 2005

its a great spectator game in my opinion and it would be awesome if it could be really big, like starcraft here in Korea...

*sigh*

oh well - maybe they get it right in UT2007! advertising, support and $$$

(all great pro sports have the amateur leagues as well - so we don't all have to turn pro) :noob:

Comment

I think torunaments for cash prizes is a good Idea. I started playing UT2004 the same way anyone starts, as a n00b.. but over the months My level of play has pogressed and in some respects outgrown some of the Thrill factor that UT2004 provides (Dont get me wrong I love the game to bits) but sometimes the same goals get a bit boring and things are needed to add spice.

A hard core cash prize competition is harmless and something to aim for. Sure if the place were flooded with UT2004 cash based tournaments and competitions it would then get to the stage where you would need soemthing else to spice up the game further. But a little heathy comepition and some small rewards go a long way to keep unreal alive.

I just joined ClanBase for that reason. I have no probs with cash prizes... it's more the teams will will face that Interest me.. the cash is a bonus.. but a good one hehe that's our first clan server paid for

Work hard.. Play Hard!

But at the end of the day... Its all a game! Just HAVE FUN and kill kill kill & when you're tired of killing.. have a beer and Kill some more lol

Comment

Working...
                          X