No announcement yet.

PU Recaps PC Zone UK UT2007 Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that not conforming to previous designs is a great idea. Besides, the Sniper Rifle, Canister Gun, and Impact Hammer will all look much different from their previous incarnations, since the Sniper Rifle will obviously not resemble the 2k4 one, the Canister Gun is entirely new, and the Impact Hammer hasn't been officially seen since UT99.

Vive la revoluciĆ³n!

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
      I'd like to see a server-side option of "preload entire map" for competitive matches where you don't want even the slightest hiccup. (and then the match would start when everybody loaded)
      +1 to this idea.:up:

Comment

Re: Re: PU Recaps PC Zone UK UT2007 Preview

Originally posted by Boksha
        The fact that we can't quite tell doesn't make me very happy.
        WHat exactly DOES make you happy? It's been so long I forget.

Virax thanks for the linkage and all of the info.

Comment

Always ready to lend a hand

Originally posted by vrxGz
          Well, inside the archive that's doing the rounds over IRC (with the scans) is a text file with that exact text in it. He probably got it from there, unless he was the original typist.
          Yep, I hand-typed the copy over on BuF and I was responsible for the scans (as well as the typos - it was late, ok? ). It could be that someone else also trascribed it as well I guess, which is good, because the more people that get to read it the better

Comment

Re: Re: Re: PU Recaps PC Zone UK UT2007 Preview

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
            WHat exactly DOES make you happy? It's been so long I forget.
            Epic going for gameplay before graphics does. I'm just not a big fan of the art direction they seem to be taking.
            It's true though. Lately I have been getting a little cynical.

Comment

If you've read Snow Crash you'l recognise the inspiration.
              Ownage. Hope the hoovercraft will be as good as YT's skate seemed to be :up:
              Fro those won't don't know about Snow Crash, read here
              it's a physical gel that enables objects to move through it, but only slowly and with a lot of squelching. Used as a deployable, it could be used to set traps and block doorways.
              Makes me think of Final Fantasy the Spirits Within. Funny that I had asked for such a thing in 'Mod Requests / Idea Sharing'
              May not be called UT2007 - "We figure it'll be out some time in 2006 so at the moment we're calling it UT2007, but that could change. We might not do numbers."
              Nice. Seems like except if the whole team dies, we'll have something better than UT2k7.
              Feign death returns, better than ever!
              Cool, though I'm waiting to see the results (so that it doesn't look too fake)
              Focusing on the classics, too [...] Vehicular CTF! [...] Onslaught + Assault + RTS = Conquest? - In addition to there being RTS-style resource control (Tarydium)
              Well, I'm not complaining, but this doesn't seem to match the whole "UT2k4 had too much gametypes, we'll stick to some only and will get rid of the others" concept
              Anyhow, this game looks and sounds better and better everytime I see something new on it. :0
              Same here. However, it's the first time I see something actually *new*
              Originally posted by Boksha
              I've been wondering about that. It could be the sniper, it could be the AVRiL. The fact that we can't quite tell doesn't make me very happy. (same with the flak cannon. It doesn't look like a flak cannon, rather it looks like a scrapped piece of a spaceship's engine)
              Doesn't look avrilish to me at all. Look at the weapon, seriously. I don't know the exact terms and anyway I wouldn't know the english translation of them, but a rocket wouldn't fit there. Neither in the gun, nor in the clip (?)

Thanks for the info, Virax.

Comment

SUR played on DM maps?

Originally posted by Zentak
                Well, I'm not complaining, but this doesn't seem to match the whole "UT2k4 had too much gametypes, we'll stick to some only and will get rid of the others" concept
                UT2004 had: DM, TDM, CTF, ONS, DOM, AS, BR, INV, MUT, LMS

UT2007 has: DM, TDM, CTF, ONS, CON, SUR

Looks like less gametypes ot me Survival might not even be a full gametype.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero*nz
                  its the hoverboard i beleive (unusual huh?) since in the article that picture goes with a little mini article about the hoverboard.

look in the corner of this image... [screenshot]http://members.clanci.net/selerox/article/overview4.JPG[/screenshot]

Comment

Well, that mini article seems to be about random ideas Epic's throwing around... so it seems a good place to throw a random image of weapon concept art. Somehow, it does't look like a hoverboard to me. :|

Comment

why they would show a "hoverboard" at the exact perspective of 1st person weapons would be a bit of a mystery, furthermore last I checked a hoverboard is just that, a board.. not a bike, which this would be if it were any type of transportation.

It does appear to have a scope, therefore it's probably safe to assume that even if it's not a sniper rifle it most likely IS one of the weapons with a zoom function. what about the tarydium stinger or whatever it's called?

Comment

The stinger doesn't have a zoom - afaik, only the AVRL and sniper do.

Comment

Compact Sniper with AXMAG mechanism?

Well, that mini article seems to be about random ideas Epic's throwing around... so it seems a good place to throw a random image of weapon concept art. Somehow, it does't look like a hoverboard to me. :|
                          My thoughts exactly. It've very definitly not a hoverboard. Compact sniper maybe?

Comment

Re: Compact Sniper with AXMAG mechanism?

Originally posted by Selerox
                            Looks like less gametypes ot me Survival might not even be a full gametype.
                            Looks like I was fooled
                            Originally posted by Selerox
                            My thoughts exactly. It've very definitly not a hoverboard. Compact sniper maybe?
                            Not that compact. I kinda like the clean white and silver style. High-tech but not too much.

Comment

I bet its the canister gun... and it seems to be on "goo mode" on the picture!

Comment

The Hoverboard is kinda the idea from Unreal, the desire to have a flying carpet, which was scratched, but seems revived here in another form.

Like the translocator, perhaps it should have a limited life before it needs to recharge. or you have to pick up hovercraft energy cells, or is unuseable..

seamless streaming of levels, well, Halo does that...terribly with hitching gameplay, they should have resolved that game loading and active gameplay buggers, but usually for Unreal/UT, your sitting around waiting for the next map to load, seamless means its still loading but its holding the current map till your popped to the new map.

This may solve multi-servers running adjoining maps as was dreamed for unreal.

With new Unreal engine 3 stuff, you have to dream up stuff to take advantage of it.

JellyGun?

Comment

Working...
                                X