Custom Map Assault League by Omnip)o(tentS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Map Assault League by Omnip)o(tentS

This tournament is for both experienced, serious players and those and would like to participate in some weekly organized matches in a competitive (but still pretty laid back) environment. We're looking at having 8 man teams. All players are welcome, regardless of skill level.

The initial map list we have is:
    Acatana
    Aswan
    Ballx-)o(wnage
    Castle_2k4
    Chocolate Factory
    MZ-HighRise
    Vindication
    Protocore
    Holocorp

A few more maps may be added in the future.

Now this list isn't set in stone, and we will have ongoing discussions with all who participate in this league as to which maps to add and which to get rid of, BUT keep in mind --!CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ONLY!-- no flames, no "this map sucks get rid of it". If you think a map should go, explain why you think so, and start a poll to determine if the majority also thinks it should go, in which case it will.

One last thing, we won't be assigning maps for matches. All maps played will be chosen by the teams playing the match. For example, if we go with 3 maps per match, each team will choose one map, with the 3rd map chosen by the team with the lower win/loss record, or if the teams are tied for record the 3rd map will be chosen at random.

We'll provide the server of course.

Right now we don't have everything sorted out, but as I get more details I'll post 'em here.

Custom Assault League Forums

Well, UT99 assault was way more fun than UT2k4 assault is, so my suggestion?

- Mutator to allow rocket and hammer team launches
    - 8 map matches
    - 10 minute round timers all around

Trust me, it's for the best.

Comment

Sounds hard.

EDIT:btw acatana sucks

Comment

Originally posted by pielover87
        EDIT:btw acatana sucks
        Originally posted by Freekill
        !CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ONLY!-- no flames, no "this map sucks get rid of it". If you think a map should go, explain why you think so, and start a poll to determine if the majority also thinks it should go, in which case it will.

Comment

I know it says to start a poll before anyone says it. I took that straight from our forums, forgot to change that.

Comment

Hmm didnt we just beat you in a war lol

Comment

Yeah you guys beat us at ONS. Neither of our captains were there, our guy in charge had about 5 minutes notice and we had no real organization.

Comment

Well im no ONS person im ictf person from the EU ill drop by your server one day

Comment

Originally posted by Main
                  Well, UT99 assault was way more fun than UT2k4 assault is, so my suggestion?

- 8 map matches

Trust me, it's for the best.
                  YOUR UT99 FANBOYISM WILL SURELY BE A USEFUL ASSET FOR RUNNING THIS CUSTOM MAP TOURNAMENT.

...oh wait, no it won't, and nobody cares that you think UT99 AS is better than 2k4 AS. Besides, I hope you were being sarcastic with those suggestions, because they're probably the worst ones I've ever heard.

And Freekill (I'm guessing this is Pimpin'), make sure you use the newest versions of Protocore and Holocorp. Xfire me if you need the links to them.

Comment

No, this is )o(Freekill.

I just happened to be the one who posted this.

But I'll get the message along to Pimpin for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by k1bigal
                      YOUR UT99 FANBOYISM WILL SURELY BE A USEFUL ASSET FOR RUNNING THIS CUSTOM MAP TOURNAMENT.
                      people are getting smarter and smarter every day.

well i think this is a pretty good idea. i read about it on there forums already though.

Comment

8 map matches? thats like 4 hours! longest ive ever played in is 2 hours, and that was with 30 minutes of the other team b!tching about their pings!

Comment

Actually, the 8 map matches usually only lasted 2 hours max.

Some maps, usually customs, would last for 20 minutes (the longest maps, like AS-RocketCommand, could last longer), but others would only last 2 minutes (Frigate anyone?) .

The thing was, the matches were fun. Each map would have its own detailed Strategies, involving very specific team movements and actions. The NA assault leagues were the most fun I've ever had playing this game, ever... and after contrasting that with the not-so-fun experience of UT2k4 assault, I've figured out several simple changes that would make the game funner.

And please shut up about the "UT99 Fanboyism", you're being retarded. Yes, I'm trolling, but you are talking completely out of your ***.

Comment

Originally posted by Main
                            The thing was, the matches were fun.
                            Gee, thats funny. I can think of an entire community of people that think AS is fun. Just because you don't personally enjoy it doesn't mean that the gametype isn't fun.

Each map would have its own detailed Strategies, involving very specific team movements and actions.
                            Each map in 2k4 has its own detailed strategies involving specific team movements and actions as well. Ever played a TRUE competitive game of 2k4 AS (I'm not talking pubbing, I mean pugging, a scrim, or a ladder match)? I'm guessing your answer is "no," since if you have, then you would realize that there are detailed strategies to every AS map.

The NA assault leagues were the most fun I've ever had playing this game, ever
                            And being an active part of the 2k4 AS community is the most fun I've ever had playing this game, ever. Was there any point to you telling us this? We get this point that you think 99 > 2k4, but what you fail to recognize is that fun is a relative term, and while you may not like AS the way it is now, there are plenty of people that do, and the changes you propose may in fact alienate from the gametype rather than attract them.

I've figured out several simple changes that would make the game funner.
                            Lets analyze your simple changes, shall we?

I don't know if you're even played any of the AS maps in 2k4, because if you did you would realize that rocket launches (theres a mod out for this) would completely break 75% of the maps out there. The offense would be able to get objectives on most maps so quick that they wouldn't even be worth playing.

- 8 map matches

First of all, Epic only released 5 AS maps, and there's only one custom map out there which is even remotely worthy of being on ladders(ABP-Protocore), so it would be impossible to do this. Secondly, even if we did have enough custom maps for 8 map matches, it would take forever (unless we used rocket jumps, in which case the matches would be too short, and not enjoyable at all).

You don't need to make this a suggestion, since it's already the standard for AS maps

And please shut up about the "UT99 Fanboyism", you're being retarded. Yes, I'm trolling, but you are talking completely out of your ***.
                            I fail to see how I am talking out of my ***, but I seem to be able to show that you are in fact talking out of yours. For a guy that has no role AT ALL in the 2k4 AS community, you sure have a lot of suggestions. Maybe you should give the gametype another shot before you decide to post your great (bolded for sarcasm) ideas about how to change it.

Also, "funner" isn't a word dip****. Learn to use a thesaurus before you post again (either that, or stop using words that are only used by 5 year olds).

Comment

for anyone that doesn't know omnipotents runs a blue ball AS server.

Comment

Working...
                              X