Pickup Spawn Timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meKilgore
    Perhaps you don't understand the word intuition and the real role it plays in the game. We all know it takes only a quick glance at the clock to note the time remaining until the pickup spawns, but I can comfortably say that you are not going to continuously glance at the clock, but rather you will glance at the clock when intuition tells you the time is near. As I stated above, the clock is simply a cue, the only other role it plays is to confirm what you already know, that you have so many seconds left (surely you are not that stupid, seeing you are a human being, you are intelligent to some degree, right?). One aspect of timing pickups that is being overlooked here is how it is you know how long it will take you to get back to the pickup. To hit the pickup at the moment it spawns requires knowledge (certainly not mathematical knowledge) of how close I need to be to grab it (even with the TL, which isn't really used in DM), this knowledge is not consciously calculated but determined by what I call intuition. Intuition has many roles in the game. For example, intuition is what you rely on when you predict a players movement. We use intuition to predict where the enemy flag carrier is. We use intuition to tell us which route through the map our enemy is likely to take to a particular powerup. I suppose the role of intuition will vary from player to player. This could be due to the amount of experience the player has or can be attributed to the player's trust in his own skills. In any case, you definitely use intuition in the game, after all, you are not a bot, but a human being, and to argue counterwise to this obvious fact is simply a sign of immaturity and a stubborn streak to cling to arguing a pointless point.
    Please put that in paragraphs, so I can read it without getting a headache. :0

Comment

Virax is right, the rest of you please shut up .

Comment

Originally posted by r.a
        ROFL

:haha:

Comment

Originally posted by r.a
          ! :up: :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Sphinx
            ! :up: :up:
            ! :up: :up: :up:

Comment

Originally posted by 404'Reaper
              LOL, no... no they don't.

Try a good 3-5 % of public players actually time power ups. If more did then the game would probably be more competitive with more clans and events just based off their competitive nature.

It's not very hard to time power ups and you can easily keep track of the time while in a fire fight. Since if your a good player you've been looking at the clock in the preseding events to the firefight and you now know that you should stop being retarded and go get the 100a instead of fighting with 55 health

Btw just for all the people that would still continue to argue with me.

All Power Ups are more important that a kill. Infact everything is more important than a kill. If you control the power ups / weapons then you control the game. Unless they can own you with 1 grenade and some spam from assualt rifle you have the game locked. In a completely locked TDM match the opponent shouldn't obtain more than 30 points in a 20 minute match with complete map lock as they don't have anything to kill you with or anything to keep you from killing them

surprise ********. he said "If 90 percent of the non public players can, so can you." please revise your essay accordingly.

learn how to subtract. it's really not that hard. even most high school graduates can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by chimbaktu
                surprise ********. he said "If 90 percent of the non public players can, so can you." please revise your essay accordingly.
                Yup, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chimbaktu
                  surprise ********.
                  Is that really necessary in response to what was probably only a reading error? I'm sure you've misread something before, haven't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sphinx
                    thats why you will never win when you play an average skilled player...
                    sure feelings may serve you well, everyone started like that. But a fraction of a second makes a different in highskilled games.
                    thx god somebody told it before i did. "Feeling" power ups spawn is bull****. You can't keep up with good player with this kind of technique. I got a friend that did this in Quake3 and was winning on newbie because of his skill(he did not play online because of the poor 100ping he had)... when I found him he barely got 1 shield because I had forgot the spawn time. Technique > feeling but luck can make you win sometimes.

Comment

phew - the madness. I love how these things get out of hand.

The original poster obviously (to me at least) have problems with the math part of timing. As do I. Again, that might be cause I am old, or cause I really hated math in school and are not that good at it. (the higher calculus stuffs - even I can add and subtract) So when I play this game that I love, I don't try to calculate the spawning times, I just have an intuitive (very acurate imho) sense as to when to head to the pickups

I suggested that as an alternative - maybe not clearly enough, granted but who on these boards does? Its all opinion all over the boards.

telling a new player that he *has* to time otherwise he will never ammount to anything is wrong. and flaming the poor sod for being a cheat cause he asked a simple question is wrong - he is probably so far gone from our boards, he'll never be back.....

I would love to be able to play you champion pickuptimers and we'll be able to see how inefective my method is

anyways - disagreeing doesn't *always* have to turn in a flame war

Comment

Working...
                      X