Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elite UT

Elite UT - http://www.eliteut.com

New community/useful site for ALL kinds of Unreal Tournament, UT 2003, and UT 2004 [when this comes out].

I hope to see alot of you guys sign up. We are still updating and are still trying to catch bugs so if you see one please post it on the forums.

Hope to see you guys there!

green text is sux lolol

Comment

lol, :haha: wheres the decoder plastic so i can read that.

J/k good site man, just make it a little easier on the eyes, bigger easy to read text and something less ... green maybe. Just a thought.

Comment

The color is easy on the eyes, very easy on them. And I will look into the text size maybe.

Comment

Splash screens = no

So, what's the general idea of your site? Is it general news and forums? What's the thing that is different/unique/better about your site so that people will want to visit it?

I'm not criticizing at all, I'm just curious. I like to know what motivates people to undertake the tremendous amount of work that is creating and maintaining an active site.

Oh, the link treatment is very cool... for the sidebars. But it's sorta hard to determine which words are links in the news text.

Comment

Originally posted by Cycopath
            The color is easy on the eyes, very easy on them.
            Your eyes are probably broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Cycopath
              The color is easy on the eyes, very easy on them. And I will look into the text size maybe.
              running a software development and webdesign company and internationally working together with various designers, my thoughts:

while the green-text is indeed "readable", its not a "comfortable reading". epsecially if you stay on the site for a longer time. it doesnt motivate the user to read on.

for the font size, you should definitly increase. its ironic to have soemthing provide you with information that you can't read. user stastistics have shown, that ppl stay longer on websites with bigger font sizes than websites with smaller ones.

another statistic has shown that ppl tend to visit bright sites more regulary than dark ones, but if you decided to go with a dark-style, keep with it.

for the general layout, its missing some style. 80% of the users leave a website if they dont find the information they were initially looking for within the first 5 seconds of their visit. maybe you should underlay the outer cols with a different color than the inner "Content"-col. you need to seperate the information by priority. your "counter" has a very low priority. you should move it to the bottom, also the design of it doesnt really fit the rest of the site. you might consider to add a "back to top" button/link to the articles, as when ppl scroll down to read them, this provides them with a fast method to get back up. another thing is the "E-UT" logo that you post with your artciles. are thoose just linking objects to the corosponding thread, or are you going to have different ones to indicate the "article-type" ? if not, i'd suggest you take them out as you allready have a "comments"-link on the bottom of the articles.

your header graphic looks a bit too mixed up. you see 3 characters seperetly beneth each other (where i find the left one more look like "Conan - The Hero"). try to move them together and have them look more like they'd interact with each other. The text below the "Elite UT" logo is very hardly readable. i'd suggest you not use the outline there.

i hope my advices help.

Comment

Working...
              X