Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweden are new Nations Cup champions after beating Germany in the final!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweden are new Nations Cup champions after beating Germany in the final!

It was an incredible game that went all the way to a fifth and deciding map. Sweden took the first two maps which were Campgrounds and Corrugation but Germany bounced right back by winning Goose two times over. Both teams got to pick two maps before the game started so that's why Goose was played twice. The fifth and final map Asbestos was picked through map elimination. A map that is rarely played in big cupgames such as this one but a good and certainly interesting map... Germany took a ten frag lead in the first couple of minutes but Sweden adjusted their tactics and managed to not only gain back the advantage but to get a substantial lead on their own. A lead which they managed to hold on to til the end....

It truly was an awesome game and it was followed by 120 live spectators from UTV at one point but since UTV is poorly optimised (ty Epic) it started to lag so the number dropped to 100 But still it was a huge success and really shows how attractive watching a live game of UT2004 can be.

Serverside Demos
    UnrealNorth.com (You need to register to the site but it only takes a couple of seconds)

Screenshots

Downloading!

Comment

Check out the campgrounds demo and watch Cata for some truly awesome play... amazing.

Watched all the games yesterday on utv and sure it was a bit laggy. But the most annoying thing was the idiots spamming the utv chat. Great matches though. Very exciting...

go Sweden!!

Comment

Originally posted by *Bb*
        Check out the campgrounds demo and watch Cata for some truly awesome play... amazing.

Watched all the games yesterday on utv and sure it was a bit laggy. But the most annoying thing was the idiots spamming the utv chat. Great matches though. Very exciting...

go Sweden!!
        Indeed they are annoying but you can turn off UTV-chat so you dont have to see it... just press F8 ^^

Comment

Wewt.

Comment

player of the match: cH!o, really impressive performance by the german ocrana player... think he got the overall highest net.

Comment

Originally posted by tewicc
              player of the match: cH!o, really impressive performance by the german ocrana player... think he got the overall highest net.
              I vote Cata as player of the match, for a strong performance throughout the game, but particularly for his fantastic play on Campgrounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoonman
                I vote Cata as player of the match, for a strong performance throughout the game, but particularly for his fantastic play on Campgrounds.
                agree!

Comment

Congrats Sweden!

It was really entertaining (and tight) match to look at.

Comment

UnrealNorth.com's webserver
                    Not Found
                    The requested URL /demos.php was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.unrealnorth.com Port 80
                    Server being hammered by people downloading the demo's, or...?

Comment

The whole site's down. The main page has a placeholder page, heh.

Comment

nah, got hacked, they are working on it atm, will hopefully be up later tonight

Comment

Well, at least i get the Camp demo

Comment

Originally posted by Nosnos
                            nah, got hacked ...
                            Ze german revenge! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Spoonman
                              he did an amazing performance at CG, agreed, but look at cH!o (havnt got the screen right here atm because un.com is down) but from what i remember he had +net on every map, and on goose2k4 he showed an performance almost as good as cata's on CG, but he did it twice, and doing great on the other maps too i think he deserveds the player of the match award alot more than Cata (even though i would have loved to say cata cuz im scandi

Comment

Working...
                              X