Instagib question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instagib question

Is it just me, or is there some kind of spawn protection in instagib games?

Okay, so I'm running through single-player in UT2004, mainly as a distraction but also to play through different maps than the seven or so maps I play online, and I receive a bloodrites challenge, TDM, and it just so happens to be an instagib game.

Hell, I never play instagib, never really liked it myself back in UT99 (Then again, I hated Morpheus in UT99, and that just happens to be my favourite DM map now.), so I'm generally unfamiliar with the mechanics of the game other than the obvious.

Anyway, we're tearing through the opposition in Asbestos, and a enemy bot just happens to spawn right in my face. So I pulled the trigger.

And he just bounced back, as if he had been struck with a normal ASMD shot. Bounced back and survived. Didn't survive the next shout, though.

But the thing is I didn't think any "standard" UT modes had any spawn protection at all.

So is there spawn protection in instagib, or was my encounter just a fluke bug in favour of the computer?

When you're selecting the instant-action rules, click the "advanced rules" box at the bottom, it'll have spawn protection time

Comment

Ahah, so it's safe to assume that single player ladder challenges at least uses a default value for spawn protection. Thanks.

I really oughta play more instagib. I'm such a damned newbie flak monkey.

Comment

The bots are so damned annoying in instagib, the reason you stated is just the tip of the iceberg. Quite possibly, the most annoying 'trait' is after you kill a bot, within the next second, he spawns somewhere behind your line of sight and shoots you in the back, yet you only killed him a second ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Slamhound
          I really oughta play more instagib. I'm such a damned newbie flak monkey.

Instead of playing instagib, play lots of CTF-FP-TutorialClassic. :up:

Also, use the arena mutator and replace all weapons in any map with the shock rifle or lightning gun.

Comment

Working...
          X