Double Domination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Domination

One of the overlooked gametypes in UT2k4 has been DDom. Yesterday, I posted on Prounreal (And you guys wouldn't believe it, but I got 100% positive response, the first ever over there ) and am extending the same invitation to anyone here who might be interested.

On irc.enterthegame.com, Eli Somera and I have founded the channel #2k4DDom, where we have hopes to revive the community of old (when it died in 2k3). I've had some of my best times in DDom even though I've played in amazing TDM, CTF, and 1v1 games.

If you want to come and are interested to join the 20 - 25+ members to revive the community, break off to form clans, or just simply PUG with us when we get the bot, come to: irc.enterthegame.com #2k4DDom.

If this gets off the ground (as it has hopes to, and the dream is being made real by the community already present), we'll eventually have a possible tournament hosted by Gameamp.

Simply extending the invitation, hope to see you there.

Interesting...

Comment

I enjoyed playing DDOM in some ladders in UT2003, I think alot of whining and the popularity of Onslaught in UT2004 somewhat killed it. Its a shame because DDOM is much more balanced than classic DOM and very tense and exciting to play!

Comment

Tryed it a few days ago for the first time, and i liked it!

Comment

/me like DDOM quite a lot.

(Not more than Bombing Run tho. )

Comment

It's like a doctor pepper advert.

Double domination, so misunderstood. And no mistresses required.

Comment

DDOM with proper teams is, IMO, one of the most fun ways to play UT2k4. The action is pretty much nonstop and the game can swing around with any lapse in attention or a stupid move.

Comment

MORE LIKE DOUBLE SCRUBINATION, AM I RITE? :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
                  DDOM is a great game mode but finding a full server with a good ping for the UK is practically impossible.

I may stop by to have some games if theres enough europeans on the chan.
                  Well i will be on the channel, thats at least 1, come over !

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
                    DDOM is a great game mode but finding a full server with a good ping for the UK is practically impossible.
                    There was a thread about a proper euro DDOM server a while back. I'll be playing there tomorrow, I hope the =TE= guys will drop by as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cursive
                      MORE LIKE DOUBLE SCRUBINATION, AM I RITE? :bulb:
                      It's AMIRITE, not AM I RITE. If you're going to ***** phrases from 4chan, do it 'rite'.

and so I'm not off topic, you guys know DDOM community isn't going to be a part of UT2007 at all, right? I mean, there will probably be a mutator for it, but it won't be there with demo servers, so the people that play UT2007 won't have gotten the game for that gametype. They'd have something else in mind before they buy, in most cases.

Comment

Much prefered DOM over DDOM, but its still very fun with good teams. Will try and drop by, time allowing.

Comment

yes, domination is the unsung hero of the gametypes. it was like crack to me in unreal championship, thanks to frigid, deserted and the good ol' SSR. revamp it, i'm planning on porting DOM-frigid to the PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbl
                            and so I'm not off topic, you guys know DDOM community isn't going to be a part of UT2007 at all, right? I mean, there will probably be a mutator for it, but it won't be there with demo servers, so the people that play UT2007 won't have gotten the game for that gametype. They'd have something else in mind before they buy, in most cases.
                            DDOM wasn't in the UT2004 demo either.
                            Anyway, yeah. DDOM won't be a part of UT2007. Too bad but instead of mourning about it I'd rather play some more in UT2004 now.

Comment

I loved dom and ddom

Please msg me mail me on nkvd3941@hotmail.com if a few of u start playing it again.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X