No announcement yet.

Dodge Jumping Left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The time between figure taps to produce a dodge is of course configurable. Why not raise it until you nolonger have any probs.

Of course a higher time is bad if you are the sort of player who relies on small corrective movements ie, i've moved left, oops I need to move a bit more left, darn Ive just dodged into the spikey pit...

I tend to make sure I move to the right place in the first instance and rarely accidently dodge despite having like a second dodge time. The higher time makes dodging everywhere a complete doddle and requires little thought or effort. I also find accidental dodges have saved my neck more times than it has cost it...

Give it a go, it might just work for ya !

Comment

wasd & space - jump..... and dodge like a pro either way

all muscle memory just takes practise and I guarentee with a little longer practise you'll be all over it

Jezza101 has a good point and I recently helped a m8 out the same way - he changed his timing and can now do the dodging well enough to lower the setting again

luck to you and have fun

Comment

Yep, either left or right for me too. But my ring finger has had it's fair share of training doing boostdodges back in '2k3.

Originally posted by [Ci]AntiMatter
        About ramp dodging, lots of people think you have to start your dodge right next to the ramp, if you do a dodge jump from further away you usually get more upward and forward momentum :up:
        Yeah, aim to hit the ramp so that you press jump just before you hit it, and hit it as normal (90°) as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by -Amwryn-
          or it could be that you are married and you feel the huge weight of responsibility, and guilt from playing games all day instead of spending time with your spouse.
          LOL im married and don't feel guilt from playing games all day instead of spending time with my husband

Comment

I use RTZG and can only dodge 50% of teh time.

:cry:

Comment

I use QWES for movement so my strafe left, forward, and strafe right movement binds are all on the same line. Feel more natural than WASD

Comment

Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
                I fail to see how dodging left is harder than dodging right...
                Agreed. I use EDSF and space bar for jump. It is very easy to dodge in any direction.

Comment

I use arrow keys also and have no problem moving in any direction. I do however have a keybind setup to compensate for the lack of motor function in everyones ring finger. Since it is a little tough to dodge left using your ring finger, I setup numpad 0 as strafe left so that I can use my pointer finger to strafe left in a tough spot. Takes some getting used to, but works like a charm.

Comment

i can dodge left easily with the arrow keys and I have my jump key set as my right mouse button. My primary fire is left mouse and my alternate fire is Num0. :bulb:

Comment

Yes. ESDF, mouse2 for jump.

Comment

Originally posted by Scat
                        I'm just wondering how some of you can use the middle mouse button for anything? I have an mx510 and the middle mouse button feels like **** when you press it. I can't even imagine pressing it during a game, let alone using it as an important action like alternate fire or jump. :X
                        I use my middle-finger to scroll nd press the button. The only downside is that I'm not really capable of controlling my ring-finger, so I use my middle-finger for alt-fire. That means I can't jump an alt-fire at the same time.

Comment

those of you with an mx510 or other mouse with side buttons, have you tried binding jump or alt-fire to mouse4 or mouse5? that seems like it would be a lot easier and more comfortable to press than middle mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by chimbaktu
                            those of you with an mx510 or other mouse with side buttons, have you tried binding jump or alt-fire to mouse4 or mouse5? that seems like it would be a lot easier and more comfortable to press than middle mouse.
                            I have a mx510...I don't use those buttons for ut...see my previous post...

Comment

Originally posted by CaptHowdy
                              Agreed. I use EDSF and space bar for jump. It is very easy to dodge in any direction.
                              Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by WileyPeyote
                                I have a mx510...I don't use those buttons for ut...see my previous post...
                                i was primarily referring to people who use the arrow keys for movement. ctrl or a moue key are really the only semi-natural feelings keys for jumping. but middlemouse would be a pain in the **** for jump. so bind it to mouse4 and you could jump and press secondary fire at the same time. just an idea, since i personally use WASD and am too used to it to try something new.

Comment

Working...
                                X