Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will UT2007 run on my machine?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Will UT2007 run on my machine?

    Here are the specs:

    Athlon 64 3200+ socket 939 90nm
    1GB (512x2) DDR 400 cas 2.5 corsair ram
    K8N Neo 2 Platinum mobo
    GeForce 6800GT AGP

    I guess,by reading tim sweeney's interview that it will run,but what Im really asking is, will i be able to, at least at 800x600 and with details set to low, run the game at the maximum fps allowed online (on ut2004 its 85fps)?

    I know its not set in stone yet,but does anyone have any idea?

    Thanks..

    #2
    Well it will probably run, but it will run like ****.

    Comment


      #3
      that doesnt really answer my question...by run u mean with a decent framerate even though poor graphics? =/

      Comment


        #4
        Ya itll run good..."It will run quite decently on a 6600GT"

        Thats what someone from Epic said i forgot who.
        So ya u got 6800Gt

        Comment


          #5
          In that recent interview NVNews did with Tim, he said you can run it on 6200's, and that 6800 Ultras will be able to run it with basicly all the goodies up on high, at about 1024x768.

          Comment


            #6
            Looks like it'll run nice and smooth on that box. No worries.

            Comment


              #7
              oh good, so my X700Pro that i plan on getting will work. That's cool.

              Comment


                #8
                lies. it wont work ,u need a gf7800 GtX to run it well

                Comment


                  #9
                  Nobody knows for sure until it gets closer to being done.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
                    Nobody knows for sure until it gets closer to being done.
                    That's true. I guess it's best to just say: Don't upgrade now for a game that won't be out for at least a year.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Agreed Bamboozler, start saving your dollars now and then
                      upgrade when the game is released.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I'll bet there will be a mad rush for upgrading PC hardware upon release. I'm not touching my PC h/ware until the game is released, my current specs will suffice until then...

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Zatoichi.uK
                          I'll bet there will be a mad rush for upgrading PC hardware upon release. I'm not touching my PC h/ware until the game is released, my current specs will suffice until then...
                          I hope (and think) they will put out a demo before retail. THen I will build a machine based on that.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            If I recall correctly. The demo for UT2k4 made me upgrade my CPU and double my RAM. A good investment. I guess when that demo rolls around, I'll drop the cash again

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Bamboozler
                              If I recall correctly. The demo for UT2k4 made me upgrade my CPU and double my RAM. A good investment. I guess when that demo rolls around, I'll drop the cash again
                              Yeah, same here. I had to double my ram, replace my CPU and get a new video card, because the demo just overloaded that poor machine!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X