No announcement yet.

Interview with Tim Sweeney from E3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How in the world was that boring, I loved it.

Just wish they would have recorded it better.

Comment

Originally posted by DaniFilth
      'cause he's a stupid nerd.
      I think Placebo hit it on the head. Tim does the engine work, not game design. He is the one that makes those nice visuals and games POSSIBLE. he has basicly the same job as John Carmack at id.

Comment

Originally posted by r.a
        PLACEBO USED BOARD HACKS TO LET HIM USE THE WORD ****, WARNING LEVEL IS REQUIRED. OH, AND HIS SIG HAS A NETBUX LINK IT IT.
        Oh dear, your virgin ears. And I'm not forcing you to click on my Netbux link; it's more of a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Xipher
          I think Placebo hit it on the head. Tim does the engine work, not game design. He is the one that makes those nice visuals and games POSSIBLE. he has basicly the same job as John Carmack at id.
          Doesn't mean he only knows about the engine.

Originally posted by placebo
          Oh dear, your virgin ears. And I'm not forcing you to click on my Netbux link; it's more of a joke.
          Well I did get banned for that ****, so I demand you get some wl points for it.

Comment

What would have you asked him about the game? Practically every detail of the game has been nailed down by the 1up article and subsequent interviews and features.

Comment

What would have you asked him about the game? Practically every detail of the game has been nailed down by the 1up article and subsequent interviews and features.
              I doubt that. Stop defending his obsession with the engine already. Plus, I doubt all that stuff about the engine was all new info.

Comment

I doubt that. Stop defending his obsession with the engine already. Plus, I doubt all that stuff about the engine was all new info.
                Which means you have no freaking clue what he was talking about, which means that you should have passed comment on this thread. There's no law that the only thing that an Epic employee can be asked about is the engine, and this is actually one of the few interviews from E3 that's about the engine and not the game.

Comment

Why don't you stop whining about not hearing the same thing said by everyone at Epic and be happy that he said anything at all.

Comment

Whatever, you guys can keep jizzing your pants about how wicked awesome the engine is (if you're even old enough to be able to do that).

Comment

Whatever, you guys can keep jizzing your pants about how wicked awesome the engine is.
                      And you keep crying about how we don't know everything about a game that even Epic doesn't know everything about yet.

Comment

And you keep crying about how we don't know everything about a game that even Epic doesn't know everything about yet.
                        You make too many assumptions.

Comment

Whatever, you guys can keep jizzing your pants about how wicked awesome the engine is (if you're even old enough to be able to do that).
                          Sorry if I am a 21 year old Comp Sci major possible looking at getting into this field.
                          Tim does work on the Engine itself, probably some work with the game as well, but Im sure not just UT2007. He is probably busy with all the projects they have going on (UT2007 and Gears of War) making adjustments to the rendering and engine code to smooth things out. Im sorry if a site dedicated to HARDWARE asked HARDWARE related questions that you weren't interested in, but deal with it, some people are interested in stuff like that (myself included).

Epic is probably a year away from completing UT2007 (I believe in the interview Tim actually said they were looking at a June 2006 release date, could be wrong) so their are alot of things they still need to work on before its even ready for beta testing.

EDIT: nope, no mention of release date in the interview, I have read mid 2006 in a few places, and I swear I remeber one of the Epic team mention it in an interview some where.

Comment

Fair enough, I didn't know the guy was from a hardware site, I just downloaded the vid.

Comment

My name is Jacob Freeman. I conducted that interview with Tim Sweeney on Friday.

I saw UT2007 playing real time. Why should I ask him gameplay questions? You can ask any Epic employee gameplay questions. Tim is a man that is highly regarded for his "1337" coding/programming skills. Just like John Carmack.

So for those of you that are flaming, I guess I didn't make this interview happen for you. No matter what you do in life, there are always those who are unhappy. Thats just the way it goes I guess.

Most of those questions were user submitted anyways.

Comment

Hi Jacob I thought it was a great interview. I also found if you take it into a sound editor program you can get rid of some of the background noise. Are there any plans to put the interview in print?

Comment

Working...
                                X