• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Mutators
    - No superweapons

- mutnolev (removes levi)

- UTComp (with a server message saying press f5 to configure and remove the brightskins) Keep an eye on Wormbo's UTplus project which might end up being better than UTComp perhaps.

- Anti-TCC or SafeGame, not configured too harshly, to prevent lag affecting the game. (yeah they suck but are useful)

- UTAN

- UAdminMod (or any better/newer equivalent since it is not updated anymore iirc)

- UT2Vote (have map voting but with a limited number of play of any one map to prevent the same maps from being played over and over again. imo this has the best aspects of both rotation and map voting)

Settings
    - Kick idle

- 15 minute rounds

- 16 players (max!!)

-Kick voting(?) good for people that are just trying to team kill or being ***-hats to their own teams, unless admins are going to be available in the evening.

Maps
    - As many good custom maps or stock maps with custom link setups as possible

- Stock maps to exclude: primeval (used to hate redplanet, but I see it's strengths now)

- Bonus maps to exclude: Aridoom

- ECE maps to exclude: Adara, Urban, Tricky

- CBP maps to exclude: All of them except Valarna. Include Argento in the form of ONS-Argento-del-alma instead of ONS-CBP-Argento

- Torlan 3on3 v2. Yes i know it is meant to be 3on3 but I think it works better in 6on6 too than the horrendous stock Torlan, mainly because of the tank-hellbender swap between the base and the secondary node.

- Different link setups on 1-3-1 maps like arctic. The jolt setup for arctic for example is pretty good.

- ECE only on maps designed with ECE in mind.

- Good custom maps (including some silly ones just for fun like ChainIsleFinal) like Nevermore, Apocalypse, Dinora, Icarus (?), Athwartcask, Coldfusion][ (?), Flurry (a rare choke point setup that does not suck, imho), TropicNightFall, etc... and a few new good maps I have played recently but don't recall the names of.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by peliROJO
    Some mods like quad jump or Tricky vehicles are fun, the add a new dimension to the level.
    Ok, if that is put on you won't see me on your server, utw-Mephisto...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All the standard maps, minus Primeval.

Don't use AntiTCC, it always seems to have brief hanging, and too frequent checks.

Don't do the *** super sniper mod. It's like a stream of plasm out of a sniper rifle. Sucks, IMO.

No ECE vehicles on the standard maps, ECE's work better on specially made maps.

Some mods like quad jump or Tricky vehicles are fun, the add a new dimension to the level.

................ copy the popular servers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by §ýñ†hè$îzè

sorry if i misunderstood.
    Was easy to be misunderstood. My fault. Icarus is OK. I played not enough to say if I would love it as I love Dawn for example.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by placebo
    All of the CBP Onslaught maps, plus the following:

ONS-DesertedSands
    ONS-Resilience
    ONS-RingOfFire
    ONS-Icarus

Originally posted by Capt.fuegerstef

NOOOOOOOOOOO..... :sulk:

Gameplay wise some of the maps have even more design faults than TORLAN...

Only playable map is ONS-CBP2-Valarna from the pack.

^^^^

sorry if i misunderstood.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by §ýñ†hè$îzè

Ur wrong about icarus though fugerstef, icarus rocks. I love flying raptors at top speed through those hallways, it becomes such a better map when you learn the ins and outs...
    Lol, I totally FORGOT about that map. And above only CBP and ECE was mentioned. Icarus isn't part of neither of them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree mostly with what fugerstef said + i refuse to play redplanet and prim too.

Ur wrong about icarus though fugerstef, icarus rocks. I love flying raptors at top speed through those hallways, it becomes such a better map when you learn the ins and outs...

I think it's such a shame to see that map go to waste.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -]FusiøN[-
    You might wanna turn off your filters Mephisto.
    I don't have any.

But it was during the MasterSever problems anyway, all fine FOR NOW...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dreamus to teh win!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You might wanna turn off your filters Mephisto.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mmm... I see ... but where are all the ONS Server anyway ...

If I check the master server (when the result is reliable) the only 16 Slot is mine and then only a few 6 and 8 slot where nobody is playing ..

But as my server appears three or four times in the list I can assume the server is down anyway ..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by utw-Mephisto
    Regarding CBP I think you're right...

How about standard maps ? Which once (Torlan I assume) are you playing ?

Rotation or mapvoting ?
    I play all but Planet. Though I don'T like Primeval and Frostbite too much I play them if they are voted on a Server with nice and good players.

I would prefer Mapvoting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Capt.fuegerstef
    NOOOOOOOOOOO..... :sulk:

Gameplay wise some of the maps have even more design faults than TORLAN...

Only playable map is ONS-CBP2-Valarna from the pack.
    Regarding CBP I think you're right...

How about standard maps ? Which once (Torlan I assume) are you playing ?

Rotation or mapvoting ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by utw-Mephisto
    Stupid question, Levi will be removed with no superweapons ? What about the ECE vehicles ?
    No, Levi isn't considered a superweapon.

And ECE Vehicles suck IMHO... ...at least on the stock maps. They are OK on Adara, Urban and IslandHop... ...but Adara and Urban definately need different Node Setups (On Titan there is a nice Urban Setup and the Jolt Setup for Adara was good too. I have a better setup if you also want the center node enabled in Adara)

Hmmm, I really should make NON-ECE Versions of Adara, Urban and IslandHop.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *) "No Levi" isn't a must. I would prefer it, but you can lure some of the newer players if the Levi is in. And in maps like severance nobody (of the better players) cares for the levi until primary is down and secured.
    Stupid question, Levi will be removed with no superweapons ? What about the ECE vehicles ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X