Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONS Setup

We are about to run a new ONS Server.

What is the best setup ? Which Maps ? Any Muts ? NoSuperWeapons ?

IMHO it is better to have a map rotation rather then a mapvoting.

What do you think ?

All of the CBP Onslaught maps, plus the following:

ONS-DesertedSands
    ONS-Resilience
    ONS-RingOfFire
    ONS-Icarus

The above maps rock.

I'd also add uDamageReward, which makes it so when you kill somebody with the Double Damage, it appears over their body and you can pick it up.

Comment

I would like:

-NoSuperweapons*
      -No RedPlanet
      -No Primeval (Go play demoservers if you want that)
      -No AntiTCC
      -No SafeGame
      -Only GOOD custom maps (but then you need mapvote instead of rotation)

*) "No Levi" isn't a must. I would prefer it, but you can lure some of the newer players if the Levi is in. And in maps like severance nobody (of the better players) cares for the levi until primary is down and secured.

Comment

So you would also use all the standardmaps ?

Standard Maps + CBP + Mentioned ... Quite a big list, don't you think ?

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
          All of the CBP Onslaught maps, plus the following:
          NOOOOOOOOOOO..... :sulk:

Gameplay wise some of the maps have even more design faults than TORLAN...

Only playable map is ONS-CBP2-Valarna from the pack.

Comment

*) "No Levi" isn't a must. I would prefer it, but you can lure some of the newer players if the Levi is in. And in maps like severance nobody (of the better players) cares for the levi until primary is down and secured.
            Stupid question, Levi will be removed with no superweapons ? What about the ECE vehicles ?

Comment

Originally posted by utw-Mephisto
              Stupid question, Levi will be removed with no superweapons ? What about the ECE vehicles ?
              No, Levi isn't considered a superweapon.

And ECE Vehicles suck IMHO... ...at least on the stock maps. They are OK on Adara, Urban and IslandHop... ...but Adara and Urban definately need different Node Setups (On Titan there is a nice Urban Setup and the Jolt Setup for Adara was good too. I have a better setup if you also want the center node enabled in Adara)

Hmmm, I really should make NON-ECE Versions of Adara, Urban and IslandHop.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.fuegerstef
                NOOOOOOOOOOO..... :sulk:

Gameplay wise some of the maps have even more design faults than TORLAN...

Only playable map is ONS-CBP2-Valarna from the pack.
                Regarding CBP I think you're right...

How about standard maps ? Which once (Torlan I assume) are you playing ?

Rotation or mapvoting ?

Comment

Originally posted by utw-Mephisto
                  Regarding CBP I think you're right...

How about standard maps ? Which once (Torlan I assume) are you playing ?

Rotation or mapvoting ?
                  I play all but Planet. Though I don'T like Primeval and Frostbite too much I play them if they are voted on a Server with nice and good players.

I would prefer Mapvoting.

Comment

Mmm... I see ... but where are all the ONS Server anyway ...

If I check the master server (when the result is reliable) the only 16 Slot is mine and then only a few 6 and 8 slot where nobody is playing ..

But as my server appears three or four times in the list I can assume the server is down anyway ..

Comment

You might wanna turn off your filters Mephisto.

Comment

Dreamus to teh win!

Comment

Originally posted by -]FusiøN[-
                          You might wanna turn off your filters Mephisto.
                          I don't have any.

But it was during the MasterSever problems anyway, all fine FOR NOW...

Comment

I agree mostly with what fugerstef said + i refuse to play redplanet and prim too.

Ur wrong about icarus though fugerstef, icarus rocks. I love flying raptors at top speed through those hallways, it becomes such a better map when you learn the ins and outs...

I think it's such a shame to see that map go to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by §ýñ†hè$îzè

Ur wrong about icarus though fugerstef, icarus rocks. I love flying raptors at top speed through those hallways, it becomes such a better map when you learn the ins and outs...
                              Lol, I totally FORGOT about that map. And above only CBP and ECE was mentioned. Icarus isn't part of neither of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X