Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Croutching - Unused tactic? (Not on Torlan, but in 1on1's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
    I use crouch to avoid falling off edges.
    Same here
    When I stand still, too (to avoid being sniped while sniping). Crouching might be good to move your hitbox, but dodging also does the trick, and usually leaves you in a better situation when you end your movement (dodging is more predictable but faster)
    IIRC, it's not possible to do a headshot on a crouching players (it was that way in UT, at least)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zoeff
    Everyone seems to think i mean croutching for longer than 1 second or something... But i mean that most people shoot the LG for example just at its finished reloading. Well we all know the reload time so i duck just as the enemy LG is finished reloading.... (and standing up right after that) and then headshot them myself.

Yeah its kinda normal for insta players, well for me at least, to anticipate when a player fires and then pull off a move to avoid it. I have found no real benefit over doing dodges, stepping away or even double jumps are perfect too.

The trick when facing such an opponent is to wait until they have commited to a move, eg I would wait until you have crouched and then you would be a sitting duck. In most cases I am of course waiting for you to dodge so I can have my mouse waiting for where I know you will land. The trick is to stay still I guess !

Ive never used crouch either, I might give it a go. tbh it just seems more risky than a simple dodge, but will gladly give it a go...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sol_Blade
    I use it for that, and for riding on vehicles. Mainly mantas though. Isn't 100% guaranteed though.

Though it's mostly problems with a map that cause me to fall off. That, or a crappy driver.
    Or my shock rifle

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mazza558
    Crouching is VERY useful when you see a manta fly over you. As long as the manta dosen't do It's own version of a crouch then you're ok
    I use it for that, and for riding on vehicles. Mainly mantas though. Isn't 100% guaranteed though.

Though it's mostly problems with a map that cause me to fall off. That, or a crappy driver.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by blumpkinstein
    I use it frequently.
    One of the best ways I have incorporated it into my style is to jump and then crouch just as I hit the ground. Think frog.

Most people are aiming at your head or your chest, chest most likely since it is the largest part of you. By crouchin as you land you can not only avoid getting hit in the chest you also present the much smaller target of your head and you also are able to pause between moves which throws off their timing.

Back in UT99 I avoided jumping alot, too easy to time the jumps and predict where I was gonna land...let the rockets go....NOW!!!

Anyhow, with the new double jump/dodge combo and the "off the wall" dodge move now it is harder to do that.

I notice the best DM players use the "off the wall"jump alot. It really makes'em harder to hit.

The real key to be as unpredictable as possible.

It was mentioned that lil nooblits are harder to kill sometimes by their "charge at anything and spam to oblivion" technique.
    I refer to them as Noobakazis, The Divine Dumbass.

Welp, I have blathered on enuff. Gonna go to bed.
    Noobakazis, XD. Thats a good one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I used to always crouch in UT with my middle mouse button but now my middle button plays a more important role, switching to the shield and alt firing it. . . shame i forget about it when it matters though lol

Might put crouch on one of my side buttons - will be hard to get back in the routine of using it though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i attempt to never run while in 1 v1,anless ive got some1 trying to hit me.If im not seen, i walk,if im seen,i act like a crazy **** dodge jumping off walls and basically going into cardiac arrest in a few minuits

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you called? :noob:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use it frequently.
    One of the best ways I have incorporated it into my style is to jump and then crouch just as I hit the ground. Think frog.

Most people are aiming at your head or your chest, chest most likely since it is the largest part of you. By crouchin as you land you can not only avoid getting hit in the chest you also present the much smaller target of your head and you also are able to pause between moves which throws off their timing.

Back in UT99 I avoided jumping alot, too easy to time the jumps and predict where I was gonna land...let the rockets go....NOW!!!

Anyhow, with the new double jump/dodge combo and the "off the wall" dodge move now it is harder to do that.

I notice the best DM players use the "off the wall"jump alot. It really makes'em harder to hit.

The real key to be as unpredictable as possible.

It was mentioned that lil nooblits are harder to kill sometimes by their "charge at anything and spam to oblivion" technique.

Welp, I have blathered on enuff. Gonna go to bed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha
    Crouching will slow you down. Slow movement > Fast movement > Standing still, when it comes to aiming.
    At least that's what some people think... your mileage may vary.
    And using a combonation of those is key to nailing people with the Shock Rifle/Sniper Rifle in DM. For example, if someone is running through a hall. Stand still and frag them. I will actually say I do crouch with the Minigun, Link Gun, and Shock Rifle sometimes. In certain situations, it makes the enemies easier to hit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    use it not to fall of ledges, and when i need to aim undersome thing to make a pixel shot with lg/shok or maybe just get an shokcore into the right place, or rocket.

but thats mostly in 1v1, and its rare i use it-

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by placebo
    I don't get this, how does crouching make your aim with the Shock/Sniper/Lightning better if those weapons always hit where you're aiming to begin with? :alien:
    Crouching will slow you down. Slow movement > Fast movement > Standing still, when it comes to aiming.
    At least that's what some people think... your mileage may vary.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't get this, how does crouching make your aim with the Shock/Sniper/Lightning better if those weapons always hit where you're aiming to begin with? :alien:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd rather walk. Walking lets you dodge or jump while holding it down.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Drunk Penguin
    Or tweak the models in the engine yourself. :P
    Hehe, yeah. :haha:

...wait, what? :bulb:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X