Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Croutching - Unused tactic? (Not on Torlan, but in 1on1's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flaago[oo]
    Its dangerous against a good aimer. Granted, you will not get a headshot against you, but you are very slow to move. It takes time to stand up and then dodge.

This tactic was widely used in Unreal 1 , but its been slower to do it in the newer versions of Unreal, and people have stopped using it.
    Everyone seems to think i mean croutching for longer than 1 second or something... But i mean that most people shoot the LG for example just at its finished reloading. Well we all know the reload time so i duck just as the enemy LG is finished reloading.... (and standing up right after that) and then headshot them myself.

Comment

the reason for crouching in UT99 was that it is impossible to get headshot while crouching. the hitbox for the head was much bigger so usually a good player killed you with one shot no matter what you where doing . when croching they needed 2 shots.

in ut2kx it's harder to make headshots and crouching doesn't help against them so there is not much sense to do it except in some special situations.

Comment

I duck all the time. It helps steady your aim with Shock Rifle and Sniper Rifle, plus it allows you to conceal yourself while sniping.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabo
          in ut99, when u crouched, the hitbox stayed the same, so if u were aiming at the head of the animation when crouched on ut99, u wont hit. You have to aim were the head would be if he was standing up.

IIRC.
          then a player with cv which was much used in the first 2 years of UT99 would have made perfect headshots on a player that crouches. they didn't. trust me we have tried it from all directions even from above and below the model. it's impossible.

i think you confuse it with the nali warcow where the statement perfectly fits.

Comment

Originally posted by grogxz
            then a player with cv which was much used in the first 2 years of UT99 would have made perfect headshots on a player that crouches. they didn't. trust me we have tried it from all directions even from above and below the model. it's impossible.
            Actually he's right in a way. The collision cylinder indeed didn't change, as you couldn't actually crawl under things. I don't know how they made it so SHOTS actually did pass through the collision cylinder.
            As for the nali-cow, the same applies to nali cows that applies to normal players: to get a headshot you had to aim at the top 1/3rd of the collision cylinder.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
              Actually he's right in a way. The collision cylinder indeed didn't change, as you couldn't actually crawl under things. I don't know how they made it so SHOTS actually did pass through the collision cylinder.
              As for the nali-cow, the same applies to nali cows that applies to normal players: to get a headshot you had to aim at the top 1/3rd of the collision cylinder.
              Or tweak the models in the engine yourself. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Penguin
                Or tweak the models in the engine yourself. :P
                Hehe, yeah. :haha:

...wait, what? :bulb:

Comment

I'd rather walk. Walking lets you dodge or jump while holding it down.

Comment

I don't get this, how does crouching make your aim with the Shock/Sniper/Lightning better if those weapons always hit where you're aiming to begin with? :alien:

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
                      I don't get this, how does crouching make your aim with the Shock/Sniper/Lightning better if those weapons always hit where you're aiming to begin with? :alien:
                      Crouching will slow you down. Slow movement > Fast movement > Standing still, when it comes to aiming.
                      At least that's what some people think... your mileage may vary.

Comment

use it not to fall of ledges, and when i need to aim undersome thing to make a pixel shot with lg/shok or maybe just get an shokcore into the right place, or rocket.

but thats mostly in 1v1, and its rare i use it-

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                          Crouching will slow you down. Slow movement > Fast movement > Standing still, when it comes to aiming.
                          At least that's what some people think... your mileage may vary.
                          And using a combonation of those is key to nailing people with the Shock Rifle/Sniper Rifle in DM. For example, if someone is running through a hall. Stand still and frag them. I will actually say I do crouch with the Minigun, Link Gun, and Shock Rifle sometimes. In certain situations, it makes the enemies easier to hit.

Comment

I use it frequently.
                            One of the best ways I have incorporated it into my style is to jump and then crouch just as I hit the ground. Think frog.

Most people are aiming at your head or your chest, chest most likely since it is the largest part of you. By crouchin as you land you can not only avoid getting hit in the chest you also present the much smaller target of your head and you also are able to pause between moves which throws off their timing.

Back in UT99 I avoided jumping alot, too easy to time the jumps and predict where I was gonna land...let the rockets go....NOW!!!

Anyhow, with the new double jump/dodge combo and the "off the wall" dodge move now it is harder to do that.

I notice the best DM players use the "off the wall"jump alot. It really makes'em harder to hit.

The real key to be as unpredictable as possible.

It was mentioned that lil nooblits are harder to kill sometimes by their "charge at anything and spam to oblivion" technique.
                            I refer to them as Noobakazis, The Divine Dumbass.

Welp, I have blathered on enuff. Gonna go to bed.

Comment

I refer to them as Noobakazis, The Divine Dumbass.
                              you called? :noob:

Comment

i attempt to never run while in 1 v1,anless ive got some1 trying to hit me.If im not seen, i walk,if im seen,i act like a crazy **** dodge jumping off walls and basically going into cardiac arrest in a few minuits

Comment

Working...
                                X