Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Croutching - Unused tactic? (Not on Torlan, but in 1on1's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
    I use crouch to avoid falling off edges.
    +1

in a firefight my reactions goes into a mad dodge, jump, straff frenzy, I have no time to duck...

Comment

i crouch when im sniping in 1 place

Comment

Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
        I use crouch to avoid falling off edges.
        You can walk too, it does the same thing.

I dont like the crouch thingy, the hitbox is not right, to do a head shot you need to shot realy UNDER the head, where it wouldnt hit the head at all...

Comment

There was alot of crouching back in the UT days when noobs used to snipe :up:

Comment

Re: Croutching - Unused tactic? (Not on Torlan, but in 1on1's)

Originally posted by Zoeff
            it's a powerfull tactic after you practice it for a few matches but no1 uses it. :weird:
            I think you just answered your own question: it works because nobody uses it (therefore it's totally unexpected).

I used to play this WW2 realism mod for UT with ironsights. You couldn't raise your sights while running, so the common MO for most people was to run into position, then crouch or go prone to fire, or else charge right up into the opponents face while firing from the hip.

For a long time my standard approach was to aim my weapon and walk slowly toward my opponent, and it usually got me the kill... precisely because it was unexpected behavior.

After a while, though, people came to expect me to do that and I had to find another trick.

Comment

How about walking, has anybody figured out how to use that to your advantage.

I'm always running.

Comment

Lol@simulpost.

I never tried walking in vanilla UT, it might throw people off. Sometimes vets will complain that they have a hard time hitting n00bs simply because nobody who knows what they're doing moves that way. :haha:

Comment

I have never used walking - don't even have a bind for it

but I have seen some very good 1 vs 1 players use it - they usually know exactly where the opponent is but sometimes they creep up on each other at a corner, very funny to watch

you make no foot step sounds when you walk

Comment

I've dodge plently of rocket 6-packs on ut99 by crouching as a last resort. Some of those guys tend to aim chest level for whatever reason.

Comment

yeah cyghost is right- walking makes you silent- which can be useful or not based on your playing style. I advise having a bind for it, but if you don't slow down for anything anyways, there's no point.

Comment

Crouching, I use it to sneak around, or prepare a shot in insta duels. May use it when I'm sniping too.

I don't use walking.

Comment

Actually, the reason there's not much crouching going on in 1on1 is because most of the time people aren't standing still.
                          When I AM standing still, I'll always be crouching.
                          Also, I know some of my clanmates stabilise their aim during a fight by walking. Looks pretty freaky tbh, and can even make them harder to hit with spam weapons (while running you'll always end up near a wall or other obstacle, which makes it easier to predict your next move: by walking or standing still during a fight you can at prolong being predictable, which is annoying as heck for a spamwhore like me)

Originally posted by placebo
                          I may be wrong, but I recall that crouching also making the minigun firing cone smaller.
                          I know of no such thing. It could help your own aim though.

Comment

Crouching is VERY useful when you see a manta fly over you. As long as the manta dosen't do It's own version of a crouch then you're ok

Comment

whenever Im sniping somewhere on a short cliff and want to use berserk/health I hold crouch so doing the combo wont make me dodge off the far end.

Comment

Its dangerous against a good aimer. Granted, you will not get a headshot against you, but you are very slow to move. It takes time to stand up and then dodge.

This tactic was widely used in Unreal 1 , but its been slower to do it in the newer versions of Unreal, and people have stopped using it.

Comment

Working...
                                X