Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions/Suggestions from the community to Epic Games. [Update: 6-7-2005 - Q's: 56]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a couple of questions of some importance...

1. What will be the max player count in SP and MP? Will we see possible player counts of more than 64 in the supposed "Conquest" maps?

2. Mike Capps spoke of seamless map transfer at E3. Will all modes (gametypes) use this feature, online as well as in SP? In Conquest or Onslaught, will we be able to dynamically "warp" back and forth betweeen maps during a single match?

Comment

How will the canister gun work?
      Putting 3 guns with 2 firing modes each into one gun sounds like nerfing to me...Also, the bots in the demo shown at E3 seemed to use the bio primary, will our beloved bio secondary return?

Will there be any new powerups to the game? Will the armour system remain the same? [Two different shields, and 3 tiers of damage "spread"]

Will there be technology to invert the gravity [or rotate it 90 degrees and walk on the walls] so you will be able to walk on the ceiling? [Instead of just hover up to it]

Will our beloved Gorge return?!

If you do decide to create a stats system, will you include all the awards? [Combo *****] Will you still consider manta secondary [roadkills] to be considered Headshots/Headhunters?

Will lava volumes be more realistic [moving surface, bubbling, and whatnot]? This way you can also do boiling water and simular death sentences.

One question I really hope the answer is NO [hehe, i put yes, silly me] to:
      Will the shock cores still be juggernauts?!?!?!
      [Currently, a shock core will block any weapon...Including 3 rockets, flak balls, full bio loads, lightning gun shots, etc]
      [I know how they have karma and are shootable objects so they can be comboed, and all that madness. But still, the core should not keep moving and be comboable after taking such a beating, it should at least have a set amount of health before it dies. Like 50]

Will you be able to select multiple "arena" mutators at the same time? [As in "snipertolightning" replacement, and "no superweapons" at the same time]

Will there be adrenaline? If so, will there be new combos? Replacing booster with a short term of "vampire" [from the mutator: You gain health depending on how much damage you do] would rule! Because its currently overpowered!

On the E3 demo, when the player was launched out of the scorpion [badass btw], it put him in a temperary slow motion state, is this only for single player/instant action play? How would that work online?

Thats it for now I guess...

New voice awards "Crushed!", "Telefragged", "Overkill" and whatnot are cool too [already mentioned though].

I also support the lightning gun over crappy smoke puffing pea shooter gun.

Comment

Will the Juggernaught ladies (Siren, etc...) be barely dressed... (yummy... )

Comment

Will there be any trick jump routes/ways/shortcuts in conquest ut2007 like in assault ut2004 ?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinroe327
            One question I really hope the answer is yes to:
            Will the shock cores still be juggernauts?!?!?!
            [Currently, a shock core will block any weapon...Including 3 rockets, flak balls, full bio loads, lightning gun shots, etc]
            [I know how they have karma and are shootable objects so they can be comboed, and all that madness. But still, the core should not keep moving and be comboable after taking such a beating, it should at least have a set amount of health before it dies. Like 50]
            Seeing as that's how they've been since 1998, I doubt they'll change it... much.

Comment

Okay, now Dr.Sin is NEVER going to answer our questions.

Comment

I can answer few questions:
                they will use the impakthammer in ut2k7

and

Steve Polge: All the movement abilities from UT2004 are still there. So you've got double-jump, you still have dodge-jump: The biggest thing we've done is fine tuning and tweaking the existing movement to get it exactly how we want. We'll be in the hallway after a play session arguing about whether the jump higher should be 4 units heigher or whatever. But the biggest change is really that we've increased the feel of gravity. And that makes the world feel a little more solid and less floaty. What it ends up doing is, while you still have all those movements, they're not quite as dramatic. You're not feeling like you're floating through the air. What we're trying to do in our play sessions is perfect the combat. We also do a lot of play sessions of UT and UT2004 and kind of compare where we're going and if we're happy with the changes we're making. You still have all those things a good player can take advantage of. By reducing the amplitude of the dodgeing movements, the fighting is more controlled in a way that allows the it to be more "in your face," closer and more personal, and that's really one of the things we're going for.

Comment

That is great. UT2k4 felt way too light. :up:

Comment

Other information Unreal engine 3 ''ut2k7'' will support DualCore CPU Like AMD Ahtlon 64 DualCore and it will work nice on a gf6800ultra

Comment

*Looks at chrizz sig*

I should really stop saying good things about that guy. :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizz
                        Other information Unreal engine 3 ''ut2k7'' will support DualCore CPU Like AMD Ahtlon 64 DualCore and it will work nice on a gf6800ultra
                        With a Geforce 6200 and Radeon 9800 Pro on the low end.

Also, at the end of that interview, Tim Sweeney mentions being more excited about the G70 (next-next-gen Nvidia card, do a Google on it) than the competing ATI solution. So expect Nvidia to remain the standby of Epic.

Comment

Anyone knows if Dr.Sin it's actually aware of this thread?

Comment

yeah its the ge7800gtx he calls g70=gf7800

Comment

Originally posted by Bort Simpson
                              Anyone knows if Dr.Sin it's actually aware of this thread?
                              Ask DrSiN, he knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.fuegerstef
                                Ask DrSiN, he knows.
                                :down::bulb::up:

Comment

Working...
                                X