Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions/Suggestions from the community to Epic Games. [Update: 6-7-2005 - Q's: 56]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Zoeff, might wanna take a look at how you spelled DuckMySick in the list. Just a heads up bro!:up:

Comment

Originally posted by W@rl(0)K
      Hey Zoeff, might wanna take a look at how you spelled DuckMySick in the list. Just a heads up bro!:up:
      Whoops! Edited.

Comment

ROFLE @ Zoeff! :haha: :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by Daspadger
          ROFLE @ Zoeff! :haha: :haha:
          I always read it the opposite way around when i see his nick.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoeff
            I always read it the opposite way around when i see his nick.
            :haha: :haha: !ffeoZ @ ELFOR

Comment

Originally posted by Zoeff
              erm, i just added that reply, so i still needed to add all the quotes.... :sour:

(If you just looked in my post then you'd see that it's already added anyway )
              ok thanks.
              Zoeff, are you sure Dr Sin will reply?

Comment

lol no

Comment

Okay, here's my question:

-Will the game handle the difference between first/third person the same way it did in UT2kX and UT, that is, with a first-person weapon model with animations and nice graphics, and then a low-poly version without animations that appears when you are viewed from the third person? Or is UE3 finally detailed enough to make those two versions one and the same? What I mean is, will we see other people's rocket launchers swivel and animate just like we see ours do from the first person?

-A related question:
                  Will the first person view be a hovering weapon superimposed on a camera that's a set amount of distance over the ground, or will the first person view be the same as the third person view, but with the camera at the head of the player?

-Will we be able to see our own shadow/feet? (A hint if you're making us see our feet: a) let it be configurable and b) have them move out of the way of the crosshair so we can't have our view obscured when we're sniping in CTF-Face5.

-How is the hit detection? I'm assuming for reasons of fairness that it's not per-poly; however, will there be equal sized hit cylinders that apply to specific areas, for all models? What I mean is, so you could shoot between somebody's legs, but be have that area of "no-hit" to be the same for all models.

Thanks for your time, Zoeff and Dr.Sin.

Comment

Will there be another Make Something Unreal contest?

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
                      Okay, here's my question:

-Will the game handle the difference between first/third person the same way it did in UT2kX and UT, that is, with a first-person weapon model with animations and nice graphics, and then a low-poly version without animations that appears when you are viewed from the third person? Or is UE3 finally detailed enough to make those two versions one and the same? What I mean is, will we see other people's rocket launchers swivel and animate just like we see ours do from the first person?

-A related question:
                      Will the first person view be a hovering weapon superimposed on a camera that's a set amount of distance over the ground, or will the first person view be the same as the third person view, but with the camera at the head of the player?

-Will we be able to see our own shadow/feet? (A hint if you're making us see our feet: a) let it be configurable and b) have them move out of the way of the crosshair so we can't have our view obscured when we're sniping in CTF-Face5.

-How is the hit detection? I'm assuming for reasons of fairness that it's not per-poly; however, will there be equal sized hit cylinders that apply to specific areas, for all models? What I mean is, so you could shoot between somebody's legs, but be have that area of "no-hit" to be the same for all models.

Thanks for your time, Zoeff and Dr.Sin.
                      Holy Sh*t ... you like increasing the size of my thread don't you?
                      Originally posted by Drunk Penguin
                      Will there be another Make Something Unreal contest?
                      Added, good question btw.

Comment

Boy you're pushing it Zoeff. LOL

Give an inch, they want a mile...

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                          Boy you're pushing it Zoeff. LOL

Give an inch, they want a mile...
                          A mile? I wan't the entire package.

Comment

Will PC gamers be able to play with Console gamers?

Comment

The new editor will support multiple languages, not only english? (this it's related to menus and properties)

Comment

Originally posted by nathjan
                                Will PC gamers be able to play with Console gamers?
                                Thats a very good question. Added.
                                Originally posted by Bort Simpson
                                The new editor will support multiple languages, not only english? (this it's related to menus and properties)
                                Added.

Comment

Working...
                                X