UT2k7: E3 preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2k7: E3 preview

Well, not really, but I just saw Epic's little showing to G4TTV.
    They showed a demo, which was approximately 2 minutes long. It starts out as showing malcolm talking, and it looks friggin amazing. Then you start to play.
    The weapons I saw: flak, rocket, shock. The flak's firing looks similar to UC2, and the rocket looks even better. The shock looks SO similar to the UC2 version it's scary, the same front design and everything. The combos look really nice, however.
    Movement-It' hard to tell here. I saw people dodge, but that's it. I dunno if they actually dodge-jumped, but they still moved effortly past multiple rockets.
    The vehicles: Manta, Scorpion, Raptor, Goliath.
    The manta looks really different. An extended body and nicer looking plasma shots.
    The scorpion's blades now come out the front and can drag bodies with it. I didn't see the rocket launcher in action.
    The raptor looks GREAT. It seems lethal now, and I think the wings in front move too. It's shots look devastating.
    The goliath...it's hard to say. It looked similar, REALLY similar.
    Oh yeah, with the scorpion, you can eject out of your seat.
    That was the end of the demo really, but it looks COOL!

My heart will stop in a moment of respect for those two minutes.

Comment

Heh. I turned on the TV JUST as the thing was coming on.

Comment

Everything looked good exept the player scaling and movement animations are not any better than ut2k4.

Comment

Originally posted by d3fc0n
          Everything looked good exept the player scaling and movement animations are not any better than ut2k4.
          F*CK

Comment

Nice.

Did they happen to say what the specifications of the computer they were running it with were?

Comment

Originally posted by d3fc0n

Edit: No, they did not, but they did say we hafta wait. :down:

Comment

the shock looks SO similar to the UC2 version it's scary, the same front design and everything

Ohh god no .....

Comment

Yep. It looks the same. But the shock combos look nice as hell, in my opinion at least.

Comment

If this turns like a slower version of UT2004 i'm going to be ******. I love UT2K*'s movement but I'm ok with them trying to slow it down as long as its a completely different game (like UT2K* was w/ the original UT). But if they're JUST toning down movement and making it pretty I'm really going to...buy the damm game, play it and whine like everyone else here until I get bored nuff...rawr... lol

Edit: I haven't seen it, I missed it

Comment

i hope they ad the option to change it cuzz the uc2 one sucks ***

Comment

Well, the people did move pretty fast.The physics look nice as hell.

Comment

Invalid,

when was this on? I might be able to dig it up on g4tv.com...?

Comment

I'll make love to the first person who gets me a mirror for this in 640x480. I'll accept 320x240 too, but then your payment won't extend outside of groping.

Comment

Was on about 7:30, G4TTV's E3 preview. Morgan Webb's conversation with Mike Capps.

Comment

Working...
                              X