Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teh translocator thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by Discord
    As it stands, CTF is the most exciting gametype that UT2k4 has to offer, TDM running second. No other gametype gets my heartrate up the way CTF does, and that's mostly due to the xloc and its effect on pacing. Can't handle it? Hey, that's fine, no shame there. But FFS stop whining about something that only exists in a gametype that you don't even play.
    Well put.
    I'm good at the trans AND dodging. Have to be since I'm a flag ***** most of the time.
    If you're worried about the enemies you've killed transing back to you when you have the flag, you're not being sneaky enough. They shouldn't be able to find you in the first place, but if they do, after you kill them, TAKE ANOTHER ROUTE!!
    besides, I know I feel rewarded when I spend 3 or 4 minutes at mid on Face Classic and nobody gets by me and my leet sniper/shock, despite their best xloc efforts.
    Without the xloc, CTF would just be boring...

    Comment


      #62
      High trajectory, keeps you from moving the mouse unecessarily when you need to hit high places. then compensate and aim low to telefrag those unfortunates....

      Comment


        #63
        Im really happy that Q4 is coming soon despite it looks boring as hell compared to other titles.

        Soon all Q-fanboys can go back and leave our Unreal games with the dodges, secondary fire, and Translocator ALONE!


        Q4, it cant get released soon enough!

        Comment


          #64
          My problem is the xloc lessens the need to defend your base. You can be anywhere on the map and catch up with the FC once you hear the announcer. I also agree that its annoying to xloc to base, die, xloc to base, die, xloc to base, cap, repeat. Fighting into the enemies base should be just as hard as getting back to yours.

          I am quite good with the xloc but I only learned it out of necessity, I'd love to see it go in UT2007.

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by Gravitom
            My problem is the xloc lessens the need to defend your base. You can be anywhere on the map and catch up with the FC once you hear the announcer.
            Of course, by doing so, you're missing out on a chance to take back your flag, which can be deadly.

            Originally posted by Gravitom
            I also agree that its annoying to xloc to base, die, xloc to base, die, xloc to base, cap, repeat. Fighting into the enemies base should be just as hard as getting back to yours.
            If you keep dying after taking the flag, perhaps you should be shooting at the defenders before doing so?

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by Boksha
              If you keep dying after taking the flag, perhaps you should be shooting at the defenders before doing so?
              Yes, obviously if I die on a few flag runs I must ignore the defenders and just make a mad dash at the flag. Thank you for opening my eyes to such an amazing strategic tip!

              Comment


                #67
                Whoa, what a discussion this little thread of mine has turn into.

                At first, I didn't like the translocator, because I was the noob walking to the enemy base, trying to hit the people warping past me, and also because I was making lone flag runs.

                But now I'm getting into ctf and moving with the times by using it myself, and I must admit, it's one fast paced, yet extremely strategic gametype, and that's thanks to the translocator.

                Plus, getting that rare telefrag on the flag carrier is a hoot.

                Comment


                  #68
                  All I want to know is how some people do it so fast? I have watched a number of people use the xloc just zip by me or across the entire level. I have repeatedly tried to do the same thing and can't do it. It seems the disc I shoot isn't as fast as some other folks.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by Gravitom
                    Yes, obviously if I die on a few flag runs I must ignore the defenders and just make a mad dash at the flag. Thank you for opening my eyes to such an amazing strategic tip!
                    Well, you're the one that went and blamed it on the translocator how you kept attacking and dying. (that's what you'd do without X-loc as well, just less often)

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by gades
                      Whoa, what a discussion this little thread of mine has turn into.

                      At first, I didn't like the translocator, because I was the noob walking to the enemy base, trying to hit the people warping past me, and also because I was making lone flag runs.

                      But now I'm getting into ctf and moving with the times by using it myself, and I must admit, it's one fast paced, yet extremely strategic gametype, and that's thanks to the translocator.

                      Plus, getting that rare telefrag on the flag carrier is a hoot.
                      w00t
                      converted
                      and getting any telefrag is good but on the EFC is great

                      UT99 admittedly and divX needed to watch but if people are interested a mid-air telefrag i got and was chuffed with:
                      www.jamesscott.me.uk/telefrag1.avi
                      www.jamesscott.me.uk/telefrag2.avi

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X