Can you bind a crosshair change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you bind a crosshair change?

I'm wondering if you can bind changing of a crosshair to a key? For long shots I like the dot but lose sight of it in close battles and would like to be able to switch in game. Anone know how?

ye, search the forums for it.

Comment

i always search first.. if I would've found the answer to my question i wouldn't be asking it here and now.. if you got the time to post ANYTHING to my thread post the answer or nothing @ all ok.. we all know to search 1st. I did and did not find it.

Comment

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...ange+crosshair
        http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...ange+crosshair

Comment

It should be possible with set commands...
          I'd have to look it up to be sure tho'.

[edit]Seems Mr Brownstone already looked it up.

Comment

Yea I read those treads Mr. Brownstone... Interesting reading but it didnt tell me how to change the Xhair style just the color... I figured out on my own though that "set hud crosshairstyle" works.. Now is there a way I can set one button to toggle back and forth between 2 diff Xhair styles? I know the Onrelase command but not one to switch back and forth between 2 things with one button.. how would I do that?

Boksha: You said in one of the threads Mr. Brownstone posted a link to above that you "use a home-made crosshair that has both a small green dot in the middle and four thin and short black lines running from it" How'd you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bue||
              use a home-made crosshair that has both a small green dot in the middle and four thin and short black lines running from it" How'd you do that?
              If you want to know how to put your own crosshair in the game, do a search for Custom Crosshair and look for a thread by Hellcat2k3 and with loads of replies... I'd do it for you but I'm too lazy to click the **** buttons >:/

Comment

I searched for this kinda thing a long time ago but I thought antitcc would pick up a mod of this type and kick you... can this be done in matches without getting booted??

Comment

OK I read that post.. Thanks for directing me there.. I dont think id really be into a totally diffrent Xhair pack, ( IF it would even work on antitcc servers) but an Xhair that changed colors depending on the background be nice.. IS THAT POSSABLE?

Comment

No it's not. Unless you count a crosshair that's transparant, but I don't think that's what you want.

BTW, custom crosshairs are completely legal to AntiTCC, as it's a built-in function of UT2k3. The only problem is that you can't use a generic custom crosshair, instead you have to fill it in specifically per weapon. That also means that it won't work with custom weapons. Bleah!

Comment

actually custom crosshairs can work with custom weapons, but they need an ini entry.

if you don't have your new weapons in your ini, all you have to do is go to the settings menu in game, and choose the weapons tab, let it build up the weapons database, and then exit the game.

once you've done that, the new weapons should be towards the bottom of your User.ini (they don't put the entries in with the default weapons section) and from there you can add the custom crosshair settings to each weapon

HTH

Comment

Well I read every post on binding crosshair changes but still can't do what I want. If it's possible, I wish someone could spell it out.

I want a bind allowing me to switch the crosshair style of my shockrifle for the odd time I play instagib. I set my default shock crosshair in user.ini like this:

CustomCrosshair=3
                        CustomCrossHairColor=(B=255,G=255,R=0,A=255)
                        CustomCrossHairTextureName=ttm2003v21_crosshairs.V Ch4

Any bind I've tried, like key=set Engine.HUD CrosshairStyle XXXXX, does not seem to work. Is it possible for a bind to change this *custom* crosshair to any other crosshair style (custom or otherwise) that uses a small dot?

Ideas?

Comment

well if all you want to do is switch it between different matchs, why not go into the menu and do it?

You should not have any problems with antitcc setting the ini for a different xhair for each weapon. yes i know that is not exactly what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by _ut=n00b_
                            well if all you want to do is switch it between different matchs, why not go into the menu and do it?
                            Well in my case, since I've set custom crosshairs for each weapon in the user.ini, I don't seem to be able to change crosshairs at all with the menu.

All I want to do is use a custom crosshair but be able to change it in game, with a bind or the menu, don't care which.

Comment

Originally posted by KarlM@rx
                              I want a bind allowing me to switch the crosshair style of my shockrifle for the odd time I play instagib. I set my default shock crosshair in user.ini like this:
                              Here's an easier way to have a diff xhair for IG

Open your User.ini and add this at the bottom of the weapon list
                              [XWeapons.SuperShockRifle]
                              ExchangeFireModes=0
                              Priority=2
                              CustomCrosshair=-1
                              CustomCrosshairTextureName=
                              CustomCrossHairColor=(B=255,G=255,R=255,A=255)
                              CustomCrosshairScale=1.00

Change CustomCrosshair to 17 or whatever to use custom xhairs
                              Rest of it is easy to figure out

As for changing xhairs ingame, there's 2 ways(assuming #1 works, never tested it
                              Key=set Engine.HUD CrossHairStyle whatever(probably 1-10 or something)
                              Key=set XWeapons.WeaponName CustomCrosshairTextureName PackageName.TextureName

Ex. 1=set XWeapons.ShockRifle CustomCrosshairTextureName KWS_XC.Zyros (the KWS_XC.Zyros only works if ya got my KAus crosshair pack)

Comment

Working...
                              X