Linux anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux anyone?

I have the full version of UT2k4 and was wondering if I could install it on Xandros Linux and have it run natively (without any other programs like WINE).

It should install flawlessly.

Comment

Linux anyone?
      Yes Please

Just make sure to mount it yourself instead of the systems automount. Automount doesn't seem to work with the linux installer.

Comment

okay, can someone guide me through on how to do it? i'm a two day linux noob

Comment

1. mount the 1st cd or dvd to /media/cd or /media/dvd
          2. type: sh /media/cd/install.sh or sh /media/dvd/install.sh

The installer name might be different I don't remember the exact filename.

Comment

..and I hope you have an NVidia card..

Dicky B (it's just easier)

Comment

Thanks guys, I got it to install, but now it's really laggy. Even the menues are laggy when they first come out (scroll from right side) on the load screen. Any idea on how to correct this issue?

Comment

Do you have a Nvidia video card? If so upgrade your drivers here...http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_d..._1.0-7174.html

I have no clue if its a ATI card...

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz007
                  Do you have a Nvidia video card? If so upgrade your drivers here...http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_d..._1.0-7174.html

I have no clue if its a ATI card...
                  If it's an ATI card, it's a Whole Different Story. You can follow the instructions for the ATI drivers all you want, but it comes down to whether or not the planets were aligned with the refresh rate of your display, and if that chicken you sacrificed to the ATI+Linux Gh0dz was thinking the right thoughts before it cacked. Or something..

Dicky B (I've never gotten my ATI to work with Linux, but never had any probs with NVidia and Linux working, ever..)

Comment

What distro of Linux are you using? That should help us out a lot.

Comment

He said Xandros.

Comment

Originally posted by Airjrdn
                        He said Xandros.
                        Oops, missed that. My bad

Comment

Having used Mandrake Redhat, Lindows, and Xandros, I've got to say that for a Windows user, there's no comparison, Xandros is the way to go.

Unfortunately, I have an ATI card, so that's one strike against it, and ACDSee 7 doesn't run under it and since I have over 6,000 images cataloged under it, that's strikes 2 and 3. It's out.

Comment

I think it's similiar to the nVIDIA driver. All you have to do is compile it and edit your X config file. I've never messed with Xandros before, but it looks really great. Any distro that defaults to KDE is :up:

Comment

Working...
                            X