Canister gun???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canister gun???

I was reading at the UT2007 section of beyond unreal, and this caught my eye particulary

Weapons

* Rocket Launcher
    * Flak Cannon
    * Redeemer
    * Link Gun
    * Shock Rifle
    * AVRiL
    * Sniper Rifle
    * Dual Enforcers
    * Stinger (from Unreal 1 and Unreal Championship 2, replaces the Minigun)
    * Canister Gun (houses Grenade Launcher, Mine Layer, Bio Rifle)

How the heck is this going to work, w/ 3 different ammo types...

What does this mean... A third shot type for each weapon? or multiple ammos (kinda like the AR's grenades?). Or a low class "switch ammo types" button (worst idea of the bunch imo:down: )

probly alt fire switches modes

i don't see what's bad about that

Comment

MMM, dual enforcers.

Comment

and, what will the thing look like???

housing 3 different weapons in one body would be bound to make the thing look very weird.

Comment

Well, the problem with that is...

I'm quite the little (ineffective) control freak, and having everything at my fingertips is perfect.

Unfortunately, I'm not good at binds (and somewhat lazy... I'll get to that someday)

It doesn't help that I like the biogun alot, but I'll use every weapon available to me.

Now if I run around a corner and whip out my brand spanking new canister gun, but I had set a trap before w/ mines, what fire mode is out?

Even worse, now that I think about it, if alt fire switches weapons, what explodes mines, and makes a giant pile of radioactive waste???

Can't do it on 2 buttons... (IMO)

Sry if this sounds like a hate rant, I'm sure epic will get it down in the end... I'm just wondering how it will work w/ 3 different ammo types for it...

Comment

Originally posted by Amish_Refugee

Well, you'd lose the alt fire functions of each weapon wouldn't you? I'm guessing they will use a change-ammo button, and I think that's just fine.

Originally posted by Wekip
            What does this mean... A third shot type for each weapon? or multiple ammos (kinda like the AR's grenades?). Or a low class "switch ammo types" button (worst idea of the bunch imo )
            Actually, you've really only listed one option.

Giving a '3rd shot type' to the goo for example, doesn't change it to grenades, it only is a '3rd shot type' for goo. Follow me? And multiple ammos like the AR only works because one is the primary fire, and one is the secondary fire. This also is not gonna work (assuming you are to keep 2 fire modes for each as we know them now).

So.., when you say "Or a low class 'switch ammo type' button"..., you really have only offered one working choice. And it sounds like you don't like it.

I've played with multiple ammo type weapons often, and I think it's just like anything else, you either like it or you don't. I think if done well it will be cool.

As far as the looks, that too is all up to the creators. For example, I think our CUT2 Grenade Launcher does this very well, and I prefer it to our CUT2 Claw2. Both do the same thing (switch between 3 ammo tpes), but how it looks is all up to the guy slappin' it together.

As far as functionality, well, that's all personal preference. Personally, I think it's just fine that for this type of weapon, you just might have to take a second to 'set it up' (only the goo I think doesn't match this as well).

If you are laying mines and whatnot, it's not the same was whippin' out the mini after just tagging somebody with the LG. I don't think all weapons in the game have to be like that. Anyway, I think the idea is logical.

Comment

And like I said a post above (you were probably typing...) I trust epic to get it right... I'm just saying though... WTF? This really makes me wanna see that weapon over any other weapon right now...

Comment

What if it just spewed out all 3 ammo types in one shot?

Can you imagine an exploding pile of goo that not only chases you around, but jumps on you and sticks to your leg? =P

Comment

Originally posted by PNutButter[FDG]

Can you imagine an exploding pile of goo that not only chases you around, but jumps on you and sticks to your leg? =P
                  Lol, they should have an option for that, and if not that, they should make it an invasion monster (except that gametypes dead next game)

Oh well, there's always conquest (mmmmm, destructible wildlife (we can only hope (theparenthesisjustdon'tfreakin'stopanytimesoon))) .

Comment

Originally posted by PNutButter[FDG]

GAK! Get this image of an exploding horny gummi poodle out of my brain!

Comment

Vas Bio Invasion

*Somebody -PLEASE- Set up a server :P*

Comment

Sounds helpful. saves you precious time from searching for multiple weapons. canmister gun = less time searching/more time fragging. :up:

Comment

There was a grenade launcher in U2:Awakening, alt fire was changing the grenade type. Will be something like that I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amish_Refugee

What is going to be left for the 2 bio firing modes? I want the bio secondary be kept!!:cry:

Comment

So UT2007's Stinger is the same one in UC2 after all.

Only thing I wonder about Canister Gun is will it available in all game types ?

Because Grenade Launcher, Mine Layer are only available in ONS and AS in UT2004.

(Perhaps you can imagine mine layer in DM )

Comment

Working...
                              X