Strange issue in UT with MX510

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange issue in UT with MX510

Lately, whenever I try to use the link secondary to power a node I'll get this sporadic cutting out effect which makes it very difficult to power anything up.. Here's the odd part.. I first think the button may be going faulty so I switch to my MS mouse, and that works fine. It wasn't a lag issue, cause it's never happened before when getting lag. Plus it happens on any server.. then I switch back to the MX510, and it still does it.. I try loading up a paint program and held down the right mouse and was able to draw continuous lines without the mouse giving ANY problem..

So I'm kind of stumped.. Anyone ever experience something like this?

happened in some of the earlier models iirc. if you bought it from best buy, take it back out of the box... holding hte cord draped (makes it look worse) and tell them it broke. they should give you a new one if you bought it relatively recently.

Comment

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...ighlight=mx510

I had the exact same and there are others on this forum that have had the same too.
      It's such a pain, u can't zoom on lgs/hb rear turrets, u can't load up rockets, you can't use link alt fire reliably, you can't squash people using a manta.
      You can still use the alt fire if all it requires is a quck press, but pressing it longer and having to hold down makes it very unreliable. Trust me, it won't get better, it ended up not working at all for me.

That's why I upgraded to a mx1000 and tbh, I prefer it over the 510. Either get it replaced for another 510, or ask if u can add money and get a mx1000 or maybe a mx518.

Comment

lol.. reading that thread i'm reminded of my sarcastic response

Comment

This blows. Logitech should have the sh*t kicked out of them for making such shoddy products. If the prob is as widespread as it seems to be the MX510 should have been pulled looong ago. I bought mine maybe 2 months ago, from ONOFF in Sweden so I don't know if it's too late.. I doubt I even have the receipt anymore.

Comment

Fortunately you don't have to have a receipt. The best thing to do is call Logitech directly. Tell them that your right click will not register properly when you attempt to hold it down. They will ask you for some numbers on the bottom of your mouse, after you provide them with this information, they will ship you a brand new one.

I've done this myself and it's a rather painless process, unfortunately the downside is usually the time it takes to get you your replacement. It was a month or so for mine. It could possibly be quicker for you, being european, but i'm not sure.

Comment

thanks.. I believe I'll try that.

Comment

Working...
              X