VoIP Keybindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VoIP Keybindings

Wouldnt it be cool if you could record your voice, and then bind it to a key, similar to binding a text chat to a key...

It would be exactly the same as recording the voice to send over voIP, except it saves to a file, then you could bind a key something like "A=sendVoice goodShot.wav"

Surely it is easier to pre-record some sound and then send the file, than it is to record, encode, and transmit at the same time.

Comment

UnrealED

Euhm ... why don't u use the Unreal Editor that comes with the game?

Just record whatever silly sounds u can make ... then assign them with UnrealED.

OK ... only u will hear them at first (unless you make a package out of it on your own server or so) but still ... loads of fun if u have a creative mind .

Comment

This is a source of great evil that must not fall into the wrong hands.

Imagine a 13 year old kid who just found out how to bind [Random vulgar line from random movie].wav to a key.

Spamtastic! They better have that ignore function ready for me..

Comment

...or why not instead of going to all the trouble of binding anything to anything, making any packages on any server...

...just open you mouth and speak.

I have nothing against weapon-switch binds, hammer jump binds or even boostdodge binds, but people will have reached an all time low of the scale of laziness when they start to bind their own speech to keys when they could just open their mouth and say it there and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse>ION<
            ...or why not instead of going to all the trouble of binding anything to anything, making any packages on any server...

I have nothing against weapon-switch binds, hammer jump binds or even boostdodge binds, but people will have reached an all time low of the scale of laziness when they start to bind their own speech to keys when they could just open their mouth and say it there and then.
            LOL! great argument :up:

Comment

But you see, that would require common sense
              Something in extreme lack on pubs

Comment

There's nothing wrong with this idea persay, it's just not practical.

Voice = 1 key
                Pre-recorded = 1 key for everything you want to say

It's a waste of keys imo, but an interesting suggestion nonetheless. There are some instances where this would be usueful though. An external software timer that sends your voice binds automatically without your having to hit a key would be the most practical application I can think of.

Hmm, bad idea after all. External timers are lame :down: use F1

Comment

Its not a totally retarded idea It even makes sence. What if you don't play with a headset and mic but rather use a nice 5.1 setup. Therefore, you can't talk in your mic since you are not using it. You could pre-record voices and bind them to keys.

So you see it would have a use. I do agree though it would be real lazy to not use Voice Activation and just say "nice shot". But then again, maybe you can't talk to non-team mates?

Comment

Originally posted by [Z]Mòó§ë But then again, maybe you can't talk to non-team mates? [/B]
                    That's how it worked in CS, you could only talk to teammates during the game, or other dead people watching the game.

Oddly enough in CS I noticed, people hardly ever 'spammed the mic' with bull****, people are much more reluctant to talk smack when you can have a back and forth conversation. Text and in game taunts are much more impersonal, I think that's why they are abused so readily.

Comment

Originally posted by [Z]Mòó§ë
                      Its not a totally retarded idea It even makes sence. What if you don't play with a headset and mic but rather use a nice 5.1 setup. Therefore, you can't talk in your mic since you are not using it. You could pre-record voices and bind them to keys.

So you see it would have a use. I do agree though it would be real lazy to not use Voice Activation and just say "nice shot". But then again, maybe you can't talk to non-team mates?
                      you know, you can still use your mic and 5.1. The game lowers sound volume when u speak

Comment

but people will have reached an all time low of the scale of laziness when they start to bind their own speech to keys when they could just open their mouth and say it there and then.
                        ROFL

Good argument indeed ...

allthough hearing yourself say "Whiiiiiiii" with a somewhat altered voice with any wav-editor proggry kinda rockz.

Which brings me to the following idea :

What speech exactly would u guys record & bind then?

Comment

Working...
                        X