No announcement yet.

Do you have a screaming machine? Please post your benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 7 or 8 months ago I built the most screaming machine I could and keep it a Shuttle. So here's what I've got:

P4 560 (LGA775 3.6 GHz/800MHz)
    1 GB GeIL DDR400
    2 x 74 GB Western Digital 10,000 RPM HD's in RAID0
    Asus X800XT/256 MB (PCIe baby) (Not a Platinum Ed, though I can OC to PE speeds)

Also has a Pioneer DVD dual-layer burner, and since then I've added an Audigy 2 ZS.

I got into a 'fastest rig' contest on Driverheaven many months ago. The upper limit of my system in 3dMark05 is 6023 3dmarks.

I run all my games at 1280x1024 now with all the bling turned on. HL2, 2k4, D3. doesn't matter. They all run great.

Plus, any hard-drive intensive task effin' /flies/.

I'll see if I can't do me a 2k4 benchie in a moment... not rebooted or OC'd or anything. :b

Editu://

Using UnrealMark with these settings:

and got these results:

I normally play at 1280x1024, but 1024x768 is the 'default benchmark res', so whatev.

Comment

my specs ae in my sig. but if you are lazy:
      OS Version: Windows XP Service Pack 2
      Processors: 1
      CPU Speed: ~2435 MHz
      CPU Name: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
      Video Card: RADEON X850 XT
      Video Driver: ati2dvag
      Physical Memory: 1023 MB<--- i have 2x512, i dont know what the hell its reading :weird:
      Paging File: 2460 MB

and i always play at 1024 x 768 because it is the optimal settings that my monitor box recomends

so...
      3Dmark05 with:
      Resolution:1024 x 768
      AA: 6 sample AA
      Filtering: Anisotropic, Max anistropy = 6

and the marks were:

Umark:
      As-mothership
      Details: current (ie. everything on high or "holy *****")
      Bots: 16
      Resolution: 1024 x 768
      Min FPS: 18.93
      Max FPS: 84.23
      Avg FPS: 48.37

Score:
      48.42 (rounded off to 1 d.p.)

thats me.
      if i look like i am bragging, i am trying not to. k?<--- i have 2x512, i dont know what the hell its reading :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by Val_Parthen

Editu://

Using UnrealMark with these settings:

and got these results:

I normally play at 1280x1024, but 1024x768 is the 'default benchmark res', so whatev.
        Looking at your screens there - it appears you lowest fps was 8. That would seem to indicate that at least for some brief moment you hit a serious slowdown that would normally be very noticeable in gameplay. Kinda odd with a system as powerful as yours. Maybe it was a freak split second.

The average and max fps is nice, but the whole point of speed is to get the fps where they never dip down so low that you notice it.

Thanks for posting that though - I'd forgotten about Umark and was looking to do some comparisons between my new 6800 GT and my old 9700 pro.

Comment

My computer screams in agony whenever I run a 3d app of any kind... does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by DarKnyt
            Looking at your screens there - it appears you lowest fps was 8. That would seem to indicate that at least for some brief moment you hit a serious slowdown that would normally be very noticeable in gameplay. Kinda odd with a system as powerful as yours. Maybe it was a freak split second.

The average and max fps is nice, but the whole point of speed is to get the fps where they never dip down so low that you notice it.

Thanks for posting that though - I'd forgotten about Umark and was looking to do some comparisons between my new 6800 GT and my old 9700 pro.
            That's usually at startup, since the game doesn't actually kick off instantly with 60+ FPS.

Comment

I recently sold my second 6600 GT for 100$ since I didn't need it anymore.

With a single 6600 GT, I have achieved 4128 in 3DMark05.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=808038

Unfortunately, this was with 2T RAM settings. I since then have increased my FSB/HTT a tad bit more, slacked my GPU overclock a bit, and changed the RAM to 9/10 divider and 1T (261 MHz). My score has improved to roughly 4.4k 3DMarks since then, but I have been too lazy to save it. I am purchasing an G70 upon release, so hopefully by then I'll have a score to beat in my tier.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Comment

Umark:
                AS-Mothership
                Min FPS: 25.15
                Max FPS: 94.82
                Avg FPS: 58.06

Score:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                ONS-Torlan
                Min FPS: 11.21
                Max FPS: 164.65
                Avg FPS: 87.80

Score:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Specs:
                AMD Athlon64 3400+ Newcastle @ 2520MHz (210 x 12)
                MSI K8T Neo (VIA K8T800 Chipset)
                1GB Corsair PC3200 XMS DDR (set SPD)
                ATI Radeon 9700 Pro @ 335/335 (yup, 2 year old video)
                WD 120GB SE 7200rpm, Sony DVD-RW, 3.5 floppy
                Onboard sound, LAN, etc.
                Samsung SyncMaster 750s 17" CRT
                WinXP SP1

You'll notice I'm using a nearly 3 year old, mildly overclocked 9700 Pro. UT2004 is all about the CPU, and you won't get much higher scores even with a uber video. You WILL be able to crank up the FSAA/AF though and maintain scores, which is something I can't do. Since I don't care about that, I'm pretty happy with my old faithful 9700 Pro, talk about a good investment back in the day. :up:

P.S. The reason P4's don't score well in UT2004 is, well, they just aren't as powerful for gaming as the Athlon64. Even a modest $175 A64 3200+ gets about the same score as a $1000 P4 3.46 EE. Sad but true.

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/2004...charts-15.html

Comment

Working...
                X