X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a screaming machine? Please post your benchmarks

After seeing this:
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...626&CatId=1683

I started to wonder what kind of performance someone would have with such a system. Man, that system is seriously sick! There are two video cards, two 200 GB HDs etc.

If you have a system like this, please don't be afraid to post your fps in various games. (I think many people will be jealous. )

Ah, sorry about that. I just found an article with totally insane specs. Here are results of what they found:

It's not a good quality image but the top one is the Geforce 6800 Ultra x2 (two cards). Anyway, the original image and test can be seen here:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2284&p=17

[img=http://img17.imagevenue.com/loc134/th_96c_5531new.jpg]

Wow! Am I ever not good at this. Well, the one on the bottom is a GeForce 6600 GT. Glad to see you can save a lot of money and still have something that will play a game.

Comment

I wouldn't get that particular rig due to the case. I saw that case in person and it is a cheap looking piece of ****. The PSU is ****. Go with another system builder. There are plenty of others that are way better than Tiger Direct.

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale
        I wouldn't get that particular rig due to the case. I saw that case in person and it is a cheap looking piece of ****. The PSU is ****. Go with another system builder. There are plenty of others that are way better than Tiger Direct.
        Yeah, the benchmarks for the dual 6600 GT suck. They're like not even equivalent to one 6800 Ultra. :haha:

Comment

My computer is fairly insane I guess

CPU = AMD FX-55
          1 gig of ram
          2 6800 GTs

I can play UT totally maxxed out and never see slow down unless the lvl isn't optimized. I do have the texture detail all the way down though just so I can see ppl. Never played a game where players just get lost in the background so much.

Comment

Players dissapear with high texture? :bulb: :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by Vive_le_Quebec
              Players dissapear with high texture? :bulb: :weird:
              Yes, well, sort of. It depends on the character and the map. Some characters turn "black" (get really dark) when they move out of a direct light. The UTcomp brightskins, as butt ugly as they may be, solves this issue by providing a constantly lit player skin regardless of the lighting.

Comment

The only thing that makes my comp scream are the 4 fans inside of it... :sour:

Comment

Originally posted by Kr4zed
                  The only thing that makes my comp scream are the 4 fans inside of it... :sour:
                  Be happy you have 4, I only have three. Fuiking Dell's! Never AGAIN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by INSTAGIBBLER
                    Be happy you have 4, I only have three. Fuiking Dell's! Never AGAIN!!!
                    Dude, it's not how many fans you have, but how well placed they are. I only have 3 case fans on my new rig, and yet it runs just as cool as my my older rig that has 5 case fans. And my newer system has components that generate a lot more heat than the older system did.

Comment

I'm new to benchmarking... what program do you suggest I use to get them?

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale
                        Dude, it's not how many fans you have, but how well placed they are. I only have 3 case fans on my new rig, and yet it runs just as cool as my my older rig that has 5 case fans. And my newer system has components that generate a lot more heat than the older system did.
                        OK, lets put it this way... Dell's fan are not placed that well. Umm, with an overclocked GPU that is. :bulb:

Comment

my score is 146.

Comment

btw, before i post my benchmarks. what benchmarker are we using?

becuase i get over 22000+ in 3Dmark01

Comment

Originally posted by CREMBELS
                              what benchmarker are we using?

the only useful benchmark is the actual application you want to use. i.e. UT2007 should be the benchmark for how your system will perform while running UT2007. Comparing numbers in 3Dmark or futuremark is really quite silly IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X