Are you a BOMBINGRUN Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you a BOMBINGRUN Player?

Hello fellow UT players! If the answer to the subject thread is YES, then please come to GWL and register yourself and your clan up for a very exciting new ladder that opened YESTERDAY. It is a 5vs5 BR ladder and it has no translocator and it also has regular weapons, which most of you from UT2003 will just love it because we added the boost dodge mutator so even though it is UT2004 it plays like 2003!!!!! I can't wait to hear from all of you old school and new schooll BR players.
    Here is the link for GWL:
    http://www.mygwl.com

and here is the link from my clans forum:

http://day-graveyard.com/Forum/index.php?

Hyßrîd

No translocator sounds a bit slow you know :/

Comment

Well you do have a point about the speed of the game, it is a bit slower, but it makes it harder and more team oriented.! When you get the translocator involved it becames a game of pass pass score which is kinda boring if you ask me. With out the translocator you actually have to figure out a way to clear the goal area and then get the ball in to score. You should defaintly come check it out. I will set up our clan server and post back in a couple minutes with the IP!

Hyßrîd

Comment

Originally posted by |DAY|Hyßrîd
        When you get the translocator involved it becames a game of pass pass score which is kinda boring if you ask me.
        You mean ball drains TL or without?

I've come to the conclusion that most of the retail maps are not suited for non-TL gameplay because there are alot of small pathways to the goalroom like Anubis, Disclosure, Skyline and Twintombs (very often played maps as you can see) become a camping/spamming point. The small variety of BR maps makes the playstyle change hard, and what no TL BR needs would be custom maps made for that style.

EDIT: I'm not an expert with boostdodges, so is it there to replace the TL and/or how big advantange it gives to the movement?

Comment

I love BR, I've been playing it all the time recently.

The only thing is, are there any uk BR clans at all? Or euro?

Comment

Originally posted by asikkala
            You mean ball drains TL or without?
            I do mean without. here is my clans server for those of you that want to check it out!

63.209.37.34:7777

password is ballrunner

my clan |DAY| or Death Awaits has a european squad as well as an american squad.

Comment

Originally posted by -_Faction_-1979
              I love BR, I've been playing it all the time recently.

The only thing is, are there any uk BR clans at all? Or euro?
              Yeah there are H, @, aK, MiB, DT, DI (I listed those that I know are active clans).

HyBrid, since you were talking about without TL drain I have to say that if the drain is ON, it already slows down the gameplay a bit and gives it more tactical play. I recall seeing you on jolt BR server so you should know what I mean, right?

Comment

I do know what you mean asikkala. I just don't enjoy BR with the TL. I am posting here and at various clans forums to try and find BR players like myself that hate the TL and would like to join a ladder that would let their clans compete without it. GWL has decided to host a ladder for that purpose and I don't want any of the clans that might be interested in said Ladder to miss out just because my clanmates and I don't know how to reach them. <--- that makes sense right?

Comment

Yeah, let the people play the game the way the want it. I'm not to judge it ^^

Comment

Originally posted by asikkala
                    Yeah, let the people play the game the way the want it. I'm not to judge it ^^
                    Thank you! look me up anytime drunknhero420 on Xfire!

Comment

Assikala!!! Where the hell have you been?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkus
                        Assikala!!! Where the hell have you been?
                        Uh? Where should I have been? :weird:

Comment

MSN SC...

Comment

I deleted Messenger like 5 months ago :X

Didn't you see my last thread on SC? It's where I told you guys I'm leaving. Of course it got moved into the spam area pretty quickly because I made it so short

Comment

I love BR, i'm just not into a clan. :sour:

Comment

Working...
                              X