X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: well well well

Originally posted by gargorias
    :haha: UT bots didn't need that bulls__t to be okay. That is what I was getting at my lord.
    Well... I'm glad that somebody finally recognizes my authority.

And now, sirrah, I would like you to kindly go and explain your position to that flak- toting, wallhacking AI sumbiscuit that's always waiting at the double door exit to the flagbase on CTF-Coret.

Bots have always been BS, don't try to BS a BSer.

YOU PLAY LIKE A GIRL!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: Re: well well well

Originally posted by Discord
    Boo hoo. Buck up, it builds character. :haha:

SP has sucked *** on every single UT series game and will likely continue to do so.

NEXT.
    :haha: UT bots didn't need that bulls__t to be okay. That is what I was getting at my lord.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: well well well

Originally posted by gargorias
    :down: Wrong! The single player mode on UT was great. Epic spoilt it by making player No. 1 target for every bloody bot that happens to be able to see you! I never had to put up with being in a room with several bots and have them all target me in UT. :sour: I do now!
    Boo hoo. Buck up, it builds character. :haha:

SP has sucked *** on every single UT series game and will likely continue to do so.

NEXT.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: well well well

Originally posted by bulldog[uk]
    The single play mode on ut was'nt that great but the multiplayer side was awsome.
    :down: Wrong! The single player mode on UT was great. Epic spoilt it by making player No. 1 target for every bloody bot that happens to be able to see you! I never had to put up with being in a room with several bots and have them all target me in UT. :sour: I do now!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wekip
    ... That's what I was going to say...
    I didn't just read your mind, I plagiarized it. I am bad.

Originally posted by tarnationsauce2
    Improved UT .... ****in - A :up:
    We'll see. The weapons and xloc will probably still be nerfed, the doublejump will be back, seamless loading = now even bigger maps (if you can believe it) so people will still yell about the player scale being "all wrong," the static meshes will now be even more detailed ("FFS I can't see squat!!"), we probably won't get the ripper back, goo is getting weirdified, vehicles will continue to rampage across the landscape, the new terrain will continue to make movement crazy, and where this whole "projectilemania" thing is going is anybody's guess.

I expect we're going to see a (yet another) new game. I'm pretty stoked about that, really, but the downside is that now we'll get to listen to not just the ravings of disaffected UT99 players, but the tortured cries of the Q3 converts who still miss the boostdodge as well. At least they'll finally have something to agree on.

Who knows, maybe it'll be my turn to hate it... I kind of doubt it, though. Been having a blast so far.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Discord
    Meh... they've already flip- flopped things around so much there's no point looking to the past IMO. About the only way forward is to mix it all up yet again. In other words:

If they look at UT and UT2k3 as polar extremes and try to find the middle- ground in between, they're cheating the game. What they ought to do is see UT as A, UT2k3 as B and for their next trick bring us C... and VCTF, too . That should keep a decent chunk of the vets interested as well as maintaining some sort of viability in the marketplace at large.

And as far as the Luddites in the community go, I'm getting a little tired of the ritual veneration of UE1. Yeah, Unreal was a blow- me- away experience, and yeah UT put me onto a 5 year videogame jones the likes of which I never imagined I'd see. But...

UE2 wasn't chopped liver, you know. UT2k3 had some unfortunate problems, but I didn't find it wholely unenjoyable. UT2k4 refined that iteration of the game into something which IMHO is quite kickass. While 2k4 didn't find the commercial megasuccess we'd all like to see, it did reasonably OK. A year in (a long time in a now supersaturated online gaming market), I still go looking for games and I still find them... and there are still n00bs to boot, so it's nowhere near dead. In large part that's thanks to ONS, which ought to tell you that innovation -- which put Epic on the map to begin with -- is what keeps this franchise alive.

So the attitude that "the original UT is solid gold and all else is p00p" gets a bit tiresome after a while, even as much as I enjoyed that game.

Re: U2. Yeah, that was a shame. Shouldn't have broken from the original storyline I agree, and probably shouldn't have been so loosely farmed out. AND would've been a bigger success with XMP included out of the box, but there you go. The primarily- online style of game became Epic's bread and butter in 1999 and is likely to remain that way.

... That's what I was going to say...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is good news to me. I think it kicks *** that they are listening to the oldschoolers and UT lovers.
    This will give the new game a lot more residual value if they can pull it off. Not like 2k* that got some
    UT players (that a lot eventually went back to UT) and a bunch of newbie game hoppers that have since left for UT some other game.

And I give the hugest respect to Steve Polge. I used to read his writings on Unreal & UT like the bible.
    He is a brilliant man, who can and apparrently will get UT back on track.

Improved UT .... ****in - A :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Meh... they've already flip- flopped things around so much there's no point looking to the past IMO. About the only way forward is to mix it all up yet again. In other words:

If they look at UT and UT2k3 as polar extremes and try to find the middle- ground in between, they're cheating the game. What they ought to do is see UT as A, UT2k3 as B and for their next trick bring us C... and VCTF, too . That should keep a decent chunk of the vets interested as well as maintaining some sort of viability in the marketplace at large.

And as far as the Luddites in the community go, I'm getting a little tired of the ritual veneration of UE1. Yeah, Unreal was a blow- me- away experience, and yeah UT put me onto a 5 year videogame jones the likes of which I never imagined I'd see. But...

UE2 wasn't chopped liver, you know. UT2k3 had some unfortunate problems, but I didn't find it wholely unenjoyable. UT2k4 refined that iteration of the game into something which IMHO is quite kickass. While 2k4 didn't find the commercial megasuccess we'd all like to see, it did reasonably OK. A year in (a long time in a now supersaturated online gaming market), I still go looking for games and I still find them... and there are still n00bs to boot, so it's nowhere near dead. In large part that's thanks to ONS, which ought to tell you that innovation -- which put Epic on the map to begin with -- is what keeps this franchise alive.

So the attitude that "the original UT is solid gold and all else is p00p" gets a bit tiresome after a while, even as much as I enjoyed that game.

Re: U2. Yeah, that was a shame. Shouldn't have broken from the original storyline I agree, and probably shouldn't have been so loosely farmed out. AND would've been a bigger success with XMP included out of the box, but there you go. The primarily- online style of game became Epic's bread and butter in 1999 and is likely to remain that way.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bulldog[uk]
    Why is it a story ? far from a story and more fact .
    Anyway ive finished my todo's s goodnight
    sto·ry1 Audio pronunciation of "story" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (stôr, str)
    n. pl. sto·ries

1. An account or recital of an event or a series of events, either true or fictitious
    4. A news article or broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Panama Jack
    Put it this way...

If they try to make the next game more like UT by going back to the up-close and personal fast DM playstyle they just as well backup and go home. They will basically end up doing the same thing to UT that VUG/Sierra did to Tribes with Tribes: Vengence. Look at where that game ended up... Less than 90 servers with maybe 150 players online at Prime Time.

T:V was fast pasted in your face deathmatch style game play and no one bought it (less than 45,000 total sales to date). That type of gameplay is old, tired and worn out. The player numbers definately show that. I seriously hope they do not go that route or the next UT will end up being a very bad discount bin game like T:V.
    How is that what killed T:V?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Put it this way...

If they try to make the next game more like UT by going back to the up-close and personal fast DM playstyle they just as well backup and go home. They will basically end up doing the same thing to UT that VUG/Sierra did to Tribes with Tribes: Vengence. Look at where that game ended up... Less than 90 servers with maybe 150 players online at Prime Time.

T:V was fast pasted in your face deathmatch style game play and no one bought it (less than 45,000 total sales to date). That type of gameplay is old, tired and worn out. The player numbers definately show that. I seriously hope they do not go that route or the next UT will end up being a very bad discount bin game like T:V.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
    [B]Nice Story.

Why is it a story ? far from a story and more fact .
    Anyway ive finished my todo's s goodnight

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice Story.

I'm just hoping there's a V included with the CTF games. A lot can change between now and then, but I can't see myself not playing vctf 1 or 2 years from now. I played sniper for 5 years, almost gave it up because I didn't care for it in 2k4 and went back to UT sniper arena. VCTF got me interested again, and I'm playing the same if not more hours as I did UT sniper. A lot of the sniper clans I played with have switched to VCTF. I hope they don't forget us, again.

[NBS]Flak (I started playing VCTF in February)

Hours Recorded 390:06 (4.3 hours a day)

http://www.csports.net/PlayerStats.a...ameID=12182984

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok i have things todo and to quote Epic.
    Apparently, members of the hardcore UT community agree. "We've paid a lot of attention to what the guys in the community are saying, and we take that feedback to heart. We've got guys that troll the forums every day [and read feedback],"
    So i have had my say nuff said they can respond the other sh*te i can live without it
    goodnight have a nightmare on me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pbze
    blatant pimpage
    Pimps are for ppl who wont stick up for themselfs or say what they feel
    I have i dont need one you can have him

Leave a comment:

Working...
X