Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well well well

Ive just read this http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3140119&did=1
    Well Epic i hope you have got this right this time, with 2003 and 2004 you spilt what was a great game apart.
    The single play mode on ut was'nt that great but the multiplayer side was awsome.
    The clan base was great, servers were full and the game rocked.
    Some of the clans i still see but on other games that must tell you something ?
    I also still catch up with some old friend on old ut aswell.
    One thing i have never understood why did you spilt the games ?
    we had Unreal a fantastic single player game and not a bad multiplayer game either.
    Then came return to nali another nice single player game.
    Then UT awsome multiplayer game and moved on well from the other two
    Then the mistakes you spilt the games into two parts Unreal 11 while a nice single player game you ignored the multiplay side why ?
    Then came UT2003 it sucked big time not much single play and sucked on multiplay.
    Then came UT2004 while that was an improvment on 2003 the feel had gone you lost it trying to split the games and lost the feel of what unreal and nali and ut was about.
    I think money got the better of you and you lost the plot
    I dont expect the noobs to agree with me and its my own feelings on it.
    I hope what i have read works out and brings the community back together but it maybe to little to late.
    The term back to basics springs to mind but good luck, i for one miss the fun of ut

Well erm... congrats on reading it .. i guess :bulb:

No there is no link in my sig.

Comment

I only read it by chance no need to congrat me

Comment

Is that like meant to be a poem or something...? :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by Slainchild
          Is that like meant to be a poem or something...? :weird:
          Only if you can put a tune to it :haha:

Comment

great find and i agree with you i am hoping for back to basics yet with the future in mind hope to see you there..

Comment

Originally posted by Zoeff
              Well erm... congrats on reading it .. i guess :bulb:

No there is no link in my sig.
              blatant pimpage

Comment

Originally posted by pbze
                blatant pimpage
                Pimps are for ppl who wont stick up for themselfs or say what they feel
                I have i dont need one you can have him

Comment

Ok i have things todo and to quote Epic.
                  Apparently, members of the hardcore UT community agree. "We've paid a lot of attention to what the guys in the community are saying, and we take that feedback to heart. We've got guys that troll the forums every day [and read feedback],"
                  So i have had my say nuff said they can respond the other sh*te i can live without it
                  goodnight have a nightmare on me

Comment

Nice Story.

I'm just hoping there's a V included with the CTF games. A lot can change between now and then, but I can't see myself not playing vctf 1 or 2 years from now. I played sniper for 5 years, almost gave it up because I didn't care for it in 2k4 and went back to UT sniper arena. VCTF got me interested again, and I'm playing the same if not more hours as I did UT sniper. A lot of the sniper clans I played with have switched to VCTF. I hope they don't forget us, again.

[NBS]Flak (I started playing VCTF in February)

Hours Recorded 390:06 (4.3 hours a day)

http://www.csports.net/PlayerStats.a...ameID=12182984

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                      [B]Nice Story.

Why is it a story ? far from a story and more fact .
                      Anyway ive finished my todo's s goodnight

Comment

Put it this way...

If they try to make the next game more like UT by going back to the up-close and personal fast DM playstyle they just as well backup and go home. They will basically end up doing the same thing to UT that VUG/Sierra did to Tribes with Tribes: Vengence. Look at where that game ended up... Less than 90 servers with maybe 150 players online at Prime Time.

T:V was fast pasted in your face deathmatch style game play and no one bought it (less than 45,000 total sales to date). That type of gameplay is old, tired and worn out. The player numbers definately show that. I seriously hope they do not go that route or the next UT will end up being a very bad discount bin game like T:V.

Comment

Originally posted by Panama Jack
                          Put it this way...

If they try to make the next game more like UT by going back to the up-close and personal fast DM playstyle they just as well backup and go home. They will basically end up doing the same thing to UT that VUG/Sierra did to Tribes with Tribes: Vengence. Look at where that game ended up... Less than 90 servers with maybe 150 players online at Prime Time.

T:V was fast pasted in your face deathmatch style game play and no one bought it (less than 45,000 total sales to date). That type of gameplay is old, tired and worn out. The player numbers definately show that. I seriously hope they do not go that route or the next UT will end up being a very bad discount bin game like T:V.
                          How is that what killed T:V?

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog[uk]
                            Why is it a story ? far from a story and more fact .
                            Anyway ive finished my todo's s goodnight
                            sto·ry1 Audio pronunciation of "story" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (stôr, str)
                            n. pl. sto·ries

1. An account or recital of an event or a series of events, either true or fictitious
                            4. A news article or broadcast.

Comment

Meh... they've already flip- flopped things around so much there's no point looking to the past IMO. About the only way forward is to mix it all up yet again. In other words:

If they look at UT and UT2k3 as polar extremes and try to find the middle- ground in between, they're cheating the game. What they ought to do is see UT as A, UT2k3 as B and for their next trick bring us C... and VCTF, too . That should keep a decent chunk of the vets interested as well as maintaining some sort of viability in the marketplace at large.

And as far as the Luddites in the community go, I'm getting a little tired of the ritual veneration of UE1. Yeah, Unreal was a blow- me- away experience, and yeah UT put me onto a 5 year videogame jones the likes of which I never imagined I'd see. But...

UE2 wasn't chopped liver, you know. UT2k3 had some unfortunate problems, but I didn't find it wholely unenjoyable. UT2k4 refined that iteration of the game into something which IMHO is quite kickass. While 2k4 didn't find the commercial megasuccess we'd all like to see, it did reasonably OK. A year in (a long time in a now supersaturated online gaming market), I still go looking for games and I still find them... and there are still n00bs to boot, so it's nowhere near dead. In large part that's thanks to ONS, which ought to tell you that innovation -- which put Epic on the map to begin with -- is what keeps this franchise alive.

So the attitude that "the original UT is solid gold and all else is p00p" gets a bit tiresome after a while, even as much as I enjoyed that game.

Re: U2. Yeah, that was a shame. Shouldn't have broken from the original storyline I agree, and probably shouldn't have been so loosely farmed out. AND would've been a bigger success with XMP included out of the box, but there you go. The primarily- online style of game became Epic's bread and butter in 1999 and is likely to remain that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X