purpose of play disc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Then they do what valve did and we all suffer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There's still files on the CD. What can they do if you do install it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Amen. CD drives are for music.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yep, Epic is very cool that way. We can keep the CD/DVDs in the safe where they belong.:heart:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They do that to discourage you from just letting everyone install off of your CD. Because if you need the CD to play, only one of you can play at any one time. I guess they added the no-cd-required feature to whatever patch it was way back when because they weren't really worried anymore.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KyKiLLa
    uhh.. because when the game was first released u had to have the disc to play. Not the editors choice edition but the very first dvd special edition (which i have )
    uhh.. yeah, i knew that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    uhh.. because when the game was first released u had to have the disc to play. Not the editors choice edition but the very first dvd special edition (which i have )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wondered why you didnt need the disc to play, but then again I bought the DVD version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If I remember right, When its 1st released you need the play disk to play the game, but after the 1st patch it becomes useless because it basically has a no-cd patch in it, although thats only what I think I remember.

Edit: Hehe, Ya Beat me to it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All it does right now is install a few things... i think. But the latest patch removes the cd check

Leave a comment:

• started a topic purpose of play disc?

purpose of play disc?

excuse me if this has already been posted, but i need to know, as i am quite confused.

i can't figure out the purpose of the ut2004 play disc. i have been playing the game for a few weeks, and have never used it. then i tried sticking it in to play to see if there was a difference. and so far i havent seen any. does it have to do with online play? because i havent used the game online yet.
Working...
X