Epenis++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crotale
    If you are going to spend the money to buy a high end video card, 64 bit processor, etc, you need to protect that investment. A high quality PSU will help to protect your components.
    A ups wouldn't hurt either. and a grounded outlet.

Comment

Yours is bigger i mean better than mine. I think is a great game pc. I think we all would have done things a bit different but that is the difference between ours and yours.

I finally have a place to post this pick thx and have fun with your epenis.

Comment

Originally posted by daboo
        Yours is bigger i mean better than mine. I think is a great game pc. I think we all would have done things a bit different but that is the difference between ours and yours.
        [/IMG]
        lol, thx:heart:

peliROJO and Phen i dont know what happened there but i think there was a edit that i missed.
        /me reckons Phens post was edited

and some benchmarks:
        3D mark 2001 score: 17157 <==i know, i need to get 05 from a friend, that score was soo unfair

Holy sh*t settings, everything on and on high, AA/AF on full and 1200*1600 resolution, 1-on-1 Albatross: 140 FPS average

*same Settings*, ONS-severance: 90FPS average

Comment

Re: Epenis++

Originally posted by CREMBELS
          BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

after more than 6 years

and thats $US1,541.26 of the rest of you
          im soo happy:heart:

i love you all:heart: :heart:

Please, don't scare me with your epenis. :haha:

No, seriously, congrats. :up:

Now, why do you love us again? :bulb: :haha:

BTW, you had a 1400+ processor 6 YEARS AGO???
          Sheesh, you'd save a lot of money by buying last year's top technology every couple of years instead of buying top of the line just once. Well, anyway. :noob:

Comment

Comment

Nice hardware.. But personally I don't like a PC which makes a lamp worthless

I like a nice big black box somewhere in the corner

Comment

I realize you prpbably didn't have much say in the components, but for everyone else who may be looking to build or upgrade, DO NOT buy a case with a no-name brand PSU. If you are going to spend the money to buy a high end video card, 64 bit processor, etc, you need to protect that investment. A high quality PSU will help to protect your components. A cheap no-name PSU that comes with most cases (even Antec cases have been known to have no-name PSUs installed) is not as reliable as you might think. Sure, it might not quit working on you in the 3 or 4 years that most people own a PC, but it can cause you to experience a whole host of performance and stabilty issues. Also, a low quality PSU can actually raise your utility bill due to the fact that it doesn't operate efficiently. Low quality PSUs are not known to be energy efficient, no matter what the package says.

What you could have done, Crembels, was to forego the X800 XT and purchased an X800 XL. The difference in price would have easily paid for a high quality PSU. Peace of mind is more important than a few extra fpses. I have an AMD 64 3500 Newcastle, Radeon X800 XL, and 1 GB of memory. I have yet to run any app or game that gives this thing a run for its money. And yes, I spent the money on a very good PSU.

I hope this doesn't come off as brow-beating, but I hope others will take heed when it comes to power supplies.
                Uh, I was thinking of building a computer. Thanks. BTW, any suggested brand names?

Comment

To all that bagged on the case, what case do you have or think is the best?

Comment

Originally posted by BTCOMM
                    i don't mind the case but I do see room for improvement.
                    I would have used 2 drives instead of one. I like using raid I notice the performance increase.

Comment

Originally posted by BTCOMM
                      Here's the one I have. Plenty of room for components and airflow, as well as ease of swapping drives, etc.

Thermaltake Tsunami Dream

Originally posted by Vive_le_Quebec
                      Uh, I was thinking of building a computer. Thanks. BTW, any suggested brand names?
                      Start off by checking this link... PSU Calculator

A few PSUs you may want to look at are these...
                      OCZ Powerstream
                      Antec Neopower
                      Enermax Noisetaker

The better PSU manufacturers you want to look for are Antec, Enermax, PC Power and Cooling, and OCZ.

The mid-grade manufacturers are Coolermaster and Ultra Products.

The PSU manufacturers to stay away from are Raidmax, MGE, and PowMax.

Comment

Here's the one I have. Plenty of room for components and airflow, as well as ease of swapping drives, etc.

Thermaltake Tsunami Dream

baahhh that case doesn't look much better than the OP's imo. Check out a chieftec server case... very solid-looking with less flashy-wannabe-ness... (of course, i guess it's all personal taste, but i hate flashy computer cases - my friend has one with all sorts of different colored lights and every time i walk into his room i think i've entered a strip club...)

for PSUs stick with Antec, OCZ, Enermax, PC Power & Cooling... My next PC will probably be based around a OCZ Powerstream 600..

Comment

Originally posted by bemymonkey
                          baahhh that case doesn't look much better than the OP's imo.
                          That's your opinion and that's ok. However, if you take the time to actually look at the link I posted and/or see this case in a store, you will see that this one is far superior to most other cases. The fit and finish, as well as ease of use of the drive bays and expansion card slots, make this case the winner for me. I looked long and hard for a quality case. Other cases had too many cheap plastic parts or doors that were flimsy. Many of them looked awesome sitting on a webpage, but in person looked like dog doo. Not the Tsunami Dream. It's all top quality.

I really could care less about all of the fancy lights. Mine only has one fan with blue LEDs and two blue LEDs on the front door.

The case is nice and quiet thanks to the rubber bushings on the hard drive mounts. Cuts down on vibration.

Comment

That's your opinion and that's ok. However, if you take the time to actually look at the link I posted and/or see this case in a store, you will see that this one is far superior to most other cases. The fit and finish, as well as ease of use of the drive bays and expansion card slots, make this case the winner for me. I looked long and hard for a quality case. Other cases had too many cheap plastic parts or doors that were flimsy. Many of them looked awesome sitting on a webpage, but in person looked like dog doo. Not the Tsunami Dream. It's all top quality.

I really could care less about all of the fancy lights. Mine only has one fan with blue LEDs and two blue LEDs on the front door.

The case is nice and quiet thanks to the rubber bushings on the hard drive mounts. Cuts down on vibration.
                            actually, i've built a system for a friend with that case. The workmanship was great, LOTS of room, really a great case if you look at the features.... The only thing I didn't like about it was the look... I just don't like the curved front panel...

Comment

Originally posted by bemymonkey
                              my friend has one with all sorts of different colored lights and every time i walk into his room i think i've entered a strip club...)
                              That's more to do with them sitting naked at their PC than the lights tbfh.

Comment

Now i know why my eyes hurt so much whenever i go in there

Comment

Working...
                                X