Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TAM on CB :D

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    TAM on CB :D

    I know there are LMS players and DM players who would love a ladder like this to play in, well time to vote to get it .

    >Ladder Vote Link<

    #2
    I would love a ladder for this gametype.

    Comment


      #3
      My clanmates love TAM, but I'm not very happy about those proposed rules.
      IMO, adrenaline has no place in any form of AM, and reversed damage is silly for clanned games.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Boksha
        My clanmates love TAM, but I'm not very happy about those proposed rules.

        IMO, adrenaline has no place in any form of AM, and reversed damage is silly for clanned games.
        Yeah those arn't the actual proposed rules for the ladder they are just, a quick copy and paste job from the Description of TAM .

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Boksha
          My clanmates love TAM, but I'm not very happy about those proposed rules.
          IMO, adrenaline has no place in any form of AM, and reversed damage is silly for clanned games.
          Actually, makes me so angry when im in a middle of a battle, shot a shock ball, do the combo and im dead, because one of my clan mates was passing right there :sour:

          Comment


            #6
            You might want to update your TAM description, you are a couple versions behind. They added spawn camping damage to TAM as well.

            Comment


              #7
              IMO it should be no adrenaline, friendly fire 100%, and none of that **** where it gives the losing team more health. At least for competitve settings, on a pub its all fine :\

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by PeeBee
                IMO it should be no adrenaline, friendly fire 100%, and none of that **** where it gives the losing team more health. At least for competitve settings, on a pub its all fine :\
                The less health for the winning team is actually a pretty nifty idea. It means that the final score is more representative for the actual skill difference between the playing teams.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Boksha
                  The less health for the winning team is actually a pretty nifty idea. It means that the final score is more representative for the actual skill difference between the playing teams.
                  How can you say that the score will be more representative with a setting that gives one team an advantage? The only thing more health would do is make the scores closer between a good team and a bad one.

                  Team A is good enough to beat team B consistantly when team A has full health.

                  Team A wins enough rounds to get down to 60 health 60 shield, team B wins a round because of this.

                  All it does is make games closer, and the end score not representative of skill difference.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Rules need sorting, but rgr, its a good idea.

                    Lets get Bazza, Zoeff, Huh and a few of the UK LMS regs to get on it too.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Yeah as i said the rules have just been copied and pasted from the TAM site. But comon guys get voting this ladder isn't going to make itself .

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by PeeBee
                        Team A is good enough to beat team B consistantly when team A has full health.

                        Team A wins enough rounds to get down to 60 health 60 shield, team B wins a round because of this.
                        Exactly. Assuming there's no random element in the game, the bigger the skill difference, the longer it'll take for team B to be able to beat team A because of the loss in health.
                        When team B won, they also have less health so team A can win again.
                        So for small skill differences, you'll end up with small score differences, but with large skill differences, you'll end up with large score differences.

                        Without the health thing, the better team would simply win all matches. So even if one team is only SLIGHTLY better than the other team, you'd still end up with a score of 5-0. (I know that in practice the small random element in the game makes it so that nearly equal teams get nearly equal scores, but for larger skill differences the argument still stands)

                        Comment


                          #13
                          UTComp Clan Arena > TAM

                          Comment


                            #14
                            signed, and i dont even technically belong to a clan. Would love to see the gametype supported though!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by DaniFilth
                              UTComp Clan Arena > TAM
                              I would agree with you if UTComp 1.5a had a Clan Arena option. I really dislike UTComp 1.6 because it makes movement feel different for me. (there's no quick pause after landing, like there should be)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X