No announcement yet.

A couple of ideas for ENVY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Destructible environment = too crazy. Too much abuse, too much of a resource hog, etc etc too crazy. Would make map balancing a nightmare.

2. Deformable terrain = too much trouble to map (foundations for buildings, where to hide the goodies, what about water? Occlusion/ optimization? Fuggedabahdit.) even if it did function flawlessly over the network.

3. Vehicle damage zones: lifespan of UT2k4 vehicles is far too short for this to be in any way amusing. Raptor si teh b0rked? Well, crash that puppy, respawn and get a shiny new one... it's just another reason to commit suicide. The mod potential, however, would be glorious. Come to think of it, RO has internal hitboxes for the engines of tanks...

Meh. Just call me "Dr. No" today. :sour:

Comment

Originally posted by Discord
      1. Destructible environment = too crazy. Too much abuse, too much of a resource hog, etc etc too crazy. Would make map balancing a nightmare.

2. Deformable terrain = too much trouble to map (foundations for buildings, where to hide the goodies, what about water? Occlusion/ optimization? Fuggedabahdit.) even if it did function flawlessly over the network.

3. Vehicle damage zones: lifespan of UT2k4 vehicles is far too short for this to be in any way amusing. Raptor si teh b0rked? Well, crash that puppy, respawn and get a shiny new one... it's just another reason to commit suicide. The mod potential, however, would be glorious. Come to think of it, RO has internal hitboxes for the engines of tanks...

Meh. Just call me "Dr. No" today. :sour:
      It would be weird if you couldn't damage vehicle turrets, from the way UE3 is panning out from a physics detail point of view.

Comment

Tunnel thing sounds OK.

I don't think I want to spend my time treasure hunting for a super weapon though.

Towers falling would be cool to.

I think vehicles that are slightly damaged and then abandon should have a timer and rather then just disappear should catch fire and explode.

I think as far as bullet holes and stuff it was better in the original UT.

I don’t know why its one step forward and two steps back on some of this stuff.

In the original after a battle on a DM game it looked like a battle took place. I mean it was a mess with gibs and bullet holes and blood. In the UT2k4 after a battle the place looks like a squeaky clean place with no signs of any battle at all.

Comment

Working...
        X