UU, Open letter and feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UU, Open letter and feedback

I would like to express how much I enjoyed Unreal University. I have for some time been a Member Sponsor of 3DBuzz and it was great to have the opportunity to work with them one on one. Meeting you guys in person and seeing your teams work dynamic really helped me understand what it takes to make a game and reminded me very much of my days working in theater. It actually inspired me to get moving on a couple projects that would have otherwise might have never come to be.

If you run Unreal University again next year and do everything the same, it would be great so I really don't want to make it sound like I'm saying I could run things better or that I, some guy from New Jersey, know how to run big events so take these as comments that would help me, and only me, get more out of the overall weekend.

-A Friday night reception where we register,meet you guys, and have an introduction on who is teaching what and a basic overview. LAN parties ensue.

-more focused classes. With the exception of the level design class which basically gave us everything we need to know to go off on our own, all the other classes had the feel of an "into to". I learned a great deal but never felt pushed to the next level in my understanding.

-longer days. Many of us I found were still hungry for knowledge Saturday night. I wouldn't have minded working late into the night and early morning.

-workshops. In those late night classes it would be nice to have some hands-on challenge classes in the U4 Busby style I hear about. By early morning we could be playing, perhaps with you guys on maps and with little mods we made over night. You could comment, bluntly if you wish, on our style and what should and shouldn't be done.

-make it woodstocky. it was nice to have the building to work in and still would work but it would be nice to also have a large hall or gym we could take over for the weekend. encourage us to bring blankets and our computers, we would all connect and there would be wires and computers and bodies everywhere. alternately there could be small groups like this which would be the challenge classes, I can almost smell the Cheetos.

There is more but that's all I really feel like saying.

I feel this would be as invaluable to you as it would be for us, you would see just how driven some of us are and you would see, in my opinion, the future of video game makers. You shouldn't take for granted just how important what you and the guys from 3DBuzz are doing is. There are plenty of people with the drive to do what it takes but we are blocked by just how much information you have to know and there are too many people who want to take advantage of that and take every dime we have to give us tiny bits. Thanks for everything.

- Have similar events in Europe.
    - Hell have any kind of event showing off UT2k4 in Europe, that would make many people happy.

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
      - Have similar events in Europe.
      - Hell have any kind of event showing off UT2k4 in Europe, that would make many people happy.
      AGREED! :up:

Well we did get ECTS 2003 . Except that was a games expo. I would like an Unreal Only event . Especially in UK, since that is the centre of gaming( ) and since the US speaks the same language .

I think Mark would have a hard time speaking German.

Make it LONDON!!!!!! :up:
      Best Place for Expo Evarrr!!!!111!!

Comment

since i can fly to london and back for sub 10£/15$ i woun't say no to a london event

got relatives i could stay @...

Comment

any word on the numbers that turned out for UU?

how many, if any, had to be turned away?

Comment

Working...
          X