Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Have These Vehicles

http://ut2004.wickedpenguin.com/

I email the author twice and got no reponse. I plan on makeing about 8 awsome ONSlaught maps with these vehilces along with AirPower 4.

Does anyone have the UTVehiclePack or any of these vehilces at wickedpenguin's site? I really want the "Gorilla" hover craft j!!

Anyone, I've been searching for over a month. This is really sad, A new game comes out, people get excited and make new vehilces, then they come out with betas then never finish their projects. It seems all these cool vehilces are falling by the waste side.

How can someone get so disinterested in something as cool as this? They spend hours on design & programming but never publish a finished product?

Anywayz, Anyone with these vehilces, I would be greatly appreciated if you post a download link here or email the entire packages to me, thanks.

vynum

Originally posted by vynum
    How can someone get so disinterested in something as cool as this? They spend hours on design & programming but never publish a finished product?
    Have you tried it? It gets easier every time you junk something. :noob:

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
      +1000000

Comment

I have that vehicle pack, don't go to too many servers that use it though.

Comment

Re: Anyone Have These Vehicles

Originally posted by vynum
          http://ut2004.wickedpenguin.com/
          Anyone, I've been searching for over a month.
          Should I be impressed with myself? It took me less than 10 seconds with the forum search and searching for "wickedpenguin" as the user.

This link probably won't work so you'll have to do the search yourself.

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...der=descending

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
            Plus, it gets frustrating when it really doesn't feel like people are playing with them. Sure, there's an initial, "Yaay Good Job" that goes around, but then anyone who's downloaded your stuff just kind of disappears into their own world. It's basically the same reason that the original 3Dbuzz.com didn't take off like Buzz wanted to. Go check out his lengthy dissertation on their remake, and you'll start to understand.

Comment

What i really like is the DropShip-X. No longer will we have noobs camping the air vehicle spawns not building the nodes and doing nothing at all but flying and killing other air vehicles. Hopefully using this we will have a whole team help build the first node and every other node. But only if people actually get in .

Comment

Placing In Map - HOW?

ok I got the Gorilla and noticed it has not ONSlaughtVehicleFactory. So How do I go about placing this in my ONS map? Going under SVehicles dont work. I put the ServerPackages line in the UT2004.ini fired up the server with no problem, but I noticed the server didn't even notice a package and did not incorperate anything on the lines of "Gorilla". Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

You need to load the .u in the actor browser

Comment

No, I looked at this, too, as the Gorilla is perfect for my SterlingFlood board. It looks like WickedPenguin didn't code in a factory into the .u -- and from what I can tell the .ukx is missing something that doesn't allow a factory to be made. Other vehicles pop up in the Animations tab of the editor with some kind of default animation, but the Gorilla doesn't seem to have that.

I tried creating a factory for it, myself (I've done that a couple of times before, for other vehicles, so I could place them in a map) but it says that the mesh has a null reference.

Comment

Vynum, it dawned on me that Monarch (of AirPower / Battlebikes / etc fame) has already coded a generic vehicle factory and has put the .u file for it up on his site. (I'd forgotten about this!)

So install that, then:

* in the Actor Browser open VehicleMappingUtilities.u
                      * then open GorillaB001.u
                      * Place the generic factory, and in its settings (at the bottom of the properties list), find the Gorilla in the list and viola! It's in your board. I tested this in Instant Action and it works great. (I'm sure it works fine online, too)

Then don't forget to distribute and credit VehicleMappingUtilities along with your map.

Comment

thanks WinkyBoy,

Ya, i was trying to use the GenericVehilceFactory last night but couldn't get it to work. Maybe I was not doing things in the correct order. I will give your order of events a try. Because the way I was doing it, I would open up my map of coarse, open up Actor Browser, then open up the VehicleMappingUtilities.u file. Then I would select the *SVehicle_GenericVehicleFactory and then righclick on my terrain and add SVehicle_GenericVehicleFactory here, but nothing would appear..lol

Let me try your way.

thanks

EDITED: ADDED

Ok I just tried your way and I still can't add the "*Factory_GenericVehicleFactory" for some reason, I rightclick on the terrain, then select> ADD Factory_GenericVehicleFactory HERE , but nothing appears in my map. I did select the ONSGorilla in the properties to be my vehilce, I even set in, bteamlocked=true, because it must be locked right?

Might need a little more help on this one. Have you tried this Generic Vehicle factory in an ONSlaught environment?

Comment

Cool. It will work for you, keep at it. It's essential to open both .u files, and don't be discouraged when all that appears is a little funny-looking car icon. Just orient that icon in the direction you want your vehicle to face.

Comment

Working...
                          X