Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help...New computer with Radeon9800 but UT2003 is slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With 256 RAM, I suggest giving yourself a 1gig cache till you break 768.

512 is better, but its still not enough, especially if you use XP.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Free
      Agreed. I changed from a ti 4200 to a 9800pro and the performance increase didn't justify the price. It's nice for fsaa and ansitrophic filtering, but doesn't bring much more fps then a 4200. It still dropped to under 30 fps on max details at 1024x768 in most bigger maps. Got a 2600+ Barton and 2x256mb ram on an asus a7n8x rev2.0.
      What bigger maps does this to your machine?

Comment

its definantly the ram, right now i only have 256 because i just got a new motherboard but im going to buy a 512 soon.

Comment

Definitely upgrade it to 512. But not more than that. You won't even touch all of that in XP Pro. I cap out at around 200 Megs free right now, running full tilt.
          Also, check your card settings. Make sure AA and AF are turned off or are at least set to Application settings.

Comment

Yeah im on 256 aswell, loading times are my biggest gripe, i can get playable framerates on low details and lower res on my gf4 mx card (i swear these are the worth things ever) but ya, ram would defionatly help on load times i beloeve, i know other people with 512 and my same card and same cpu speed (2.0ghz) and they run waay more smoothly.

Comment

Working...
            X