No announcement yet.

Master Server Stats (Not a rant!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There shouldn't be any posts complaining about the server being down. Everyone and thier mom knows the server is down when it goes down. The people who work on the server know it is down. Go watch a movie with your girlfriend. If you don't have one, go get one. Go to a club or something instead of camping out on this forum waiting for it to be fixed.

Comment

I still want my ******* desktop widget.

It could be invisible until the master server actually goes down, in which case it makes a big flashing sign on the desktop that says, "Mastar Srevar si teh DOWN!!!! NOOOEESSSS!!!!!" And it plays "The Merry- Go- Round Broke Down."

Why the hell doesn't Microsoft get on this ****?

Comment

Thx for info

That's all fine and dandy if you've playing the game for a while now. But what about poor ol' me who just went out to Fry's and bought the game, just finished installing it, and was ready to sit down and start playing. This thread was helpful for me atleast.

So does this Main server broked deal happen very often?
        Is there any way to find servers without using the Main Server?
        From what I've gathered thus far, so long as you have servers in your favorites list you can keep on playing.
        Anybody have the ip to a good server that would ping me good here in Dallas?

Comment

Well there's a very good assault server called Dallas is a Dry Lobster. I don't know, but I'm assuming it's in Dallas. I don't know if you'd want to play on it though because usually the players on it are pretty darn good, and you might not be able to do much if you're brand new to the game. Anyhow, you can get the IP to the server here:

http://www.drylobster.com/modules.php?name=Stats

Comment

Originally posted by mush(.)(.)
            Is there any way to find servers without using the Main Server?

Someone posted this when i had a problem with ut. It's a external server browser called the all seeing eye, and it doesn't require the ut master server to be up to provide a list of servers/pings.

http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/ase/register

It's super easy to set up, you'll be playing in less than a couple of minutes. And once you have it, it's always there as a back up for when the master server goes down. You can use it for most online games too, although I can't see why you'd want to play anything non-ut

Comment

Back on

Thx for the info guys. The server is back on. I used the time inbetween to go thru the the tutorial and did some single player and some of my old UTGOTY skills came back to me. Althought the game has changed quite a bit, it still retains the core elements that made the first one so fun to play. I really look forward to spending a lot of time playing the game online.

Thanks for bringing up the allseeing eye, I used to have it installed along with Xfire back when I played Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield. I'd still be playing it if the support for it hadn't gone down the toilet.

Good luck out there, I look forward to seeing ya'll out in the battlefield.

Comment

I like 99% fat free yogurt.

Comment

Re: Back on

Originally posted by mush(.)(.)
                  Althought the game has changed quite a bit, it still retains the core elements that made the first one so fun to play.

welcome back to UT !

Comment

Originally posted by Dua1ity
                    Shhh dont' tell anyone
                    Psst, didn't know that u joined the Atari-Forum...

(I'm Robin)

Comment

Working...
                    X