Master Server Stats (Not a rant!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master Server Stats (Not a rant!)

There are some games, mostly MMORPGs, out there that on their main website have the status of their servers. I think for some people it would be a convenience if the ut2004 site has an icon somewhere that says the current status of the server.

dua1ity are u fata1ity?

Comment

when it says 'failed to connect to master server'......that means the server is down.

Comment

Originally posted by }{3||ioN
        dua1ity are u fata1ity?
        No, for the last time, he relaces the i in his name! I replace the L!

Comment

Originally posted by Dua1ity
          No, for the last time, he relaces the i in his name! I replace the L!
          are you .................batman!!?

Comment

He's also the biggest marketing scam in gaming to date.

But yeh, I don't know what you mean about MMORPGs vs Unreal.

MMO = servers by developers
            Unreal = servers by players

Other than the master server status, which is apparent when opening the game, what exactly more could ya want!

But I guess with the recent master server happenings, this isn't a half bad idea, EH?

BTW: I still can't get a complete list from the MS.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
              are you .................batman!!?
              Shhh dont' tell anyone

Comment

The only problem with that, we have to tell them that the master server is down half the time.

If i want to know if it's my connection or the master server, I just come to these forums to see how many new threads have been created with the heading "Master server borked" or something similar. Yup, 5 threads to tell us it's down should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                  when it says 'failed to connect to master server'......that means the server is down.
                  Hey, people are stupid, remember?

Comment

Originally posted by theghostyouare
                    Hey, people are stupid, remember?
                    and if anyone ever forgets the level of stupidity you can always come check the 20 different "master server is down" threads created by people who have yet to discover the magic of the Search Button.

*Disclaimer* the above post does not indicate this thread as one of the spammy Master Server Down threads because of the validity of the threadstarters question.

Comment

Originally posted by -Amwryn-
                      and if anyone ever forgets the level of stupidity you can always come check the 20 different "master server is down" threads created by people who have yet to discover the magic of the Search Button.
                      I was the first one yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by -Amwryn-
                        Heh... you're just asking for a "Master Server is down" thread from 6 months ago to get bumped. At which time people will yell. If you don't search, people yell. If you do search and resurrect an ancient thread, people yell. Sometimes the same people. Therefore, I do as I please.

Anyway, I know there are a bunch of php tools for UT server query. Maybe you could renoberate one of those to just show master server status? Maybe make an active desktop widget that checks every hour or so?

Comment

it would be nice to know why tho

Comment

Originally posted by }{3||ioN
                            dua1ity are u fata1ity?
                            can we please stop asking the guy this, its probably kind of annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by «ßîc»$l@c|<er
                              can we please stop asking the guy this, its probably kind of annoying.
                              Nah, it's OK, doesn't bother me at all really.

Comment

Working...
                              X