UC2 and ENVY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UC2 and ENVY

i rented unreal championship today for my xbox, and i got a chance to play it a bit while i was rendering a 10 second 3D animation (2.5 hours for 10 seconds. technology rocks!), and i enjoyed the game a lot. it also showed me a lot of the stuff that is missing form UT2k4 and that i hope to see in ENVY. i would like to see the production values for one thing. the UC2 intro, splash start screen, menus, and style really up the quality of the game. next, the CG sequences are very nice and make the single player worthwhile to play. you feel like you have a reason to play it. speaking of CG, i saw Epic's UC2 commerical so i know they can do some really quality sequences. the next thing i liked, were the character specific weapons and traits. even thoughthere is a species mutator in the UT2k* series, it's pretty much worthless. UC2 actually made it feel like the character made a difference. It also added to the personality of the game and single player, since i wanted to beat levels to unlock new characters and mutators. charcter specific weapons also made a big difference, since the melee combat is a big part of the game. speaking of melee, i really like how that was incorporated. even though it wouldn't be quite as cool on a computer, i think you need to incorporate the 3rd person view a little more and make it as smooth as UC2. speaking of smoothness, the characters animations made the game a ton of fun when doing jumps. i loved the animations and the new feel of the jumps, and hope that they are updated for ENVY. i also like the idea of being limited to your start weapons. having a hitscan weapon, and a projectile weapon at start-up would be so much better than that sutpid assualt rifle. but i also feel that you should be able to pick up your fallen opponents weapons and build up a small arsenal to a limited extent.

summary: in ENVY i want to see a better developed single player, some CG damnitt, some gameplay modifications, and more STYLE!

Great ideas!, very similar to this thread i made: EPIC: Plz put more story in the game

Comment

Re: UC2 and ENVY

Originally posted by chimbaktu
      i would like to see the production values for one thing. the UC2 intro, splash start screen, menus, and style really up the quality of the game.
      i never see any of these when i play.

Comment

what is "CG" ?
        and i agree with you :up:

Comment

Originally posted by toniglandyl
          what is "CG" ?
          candy*** graphics?

Comment

speaking of melee, i really like how that was incorporated. even though it wouldn't be quite as cool on a computer.
            Right, it wouldn't be cool on a PC. So leave it out, EPIC.

Comment

some points are good, but a console game should always be kept different to the PC version. Intros are ok that you speak of, but I've disabled mine in UT2K4 so I get in the game quicker so intros menus and eye candy aren't really an issue for me. single player isn't an issue for me at all, I'd rather Epic spend all the single player development time on making the multiplayer that bit better, if you want single player then the console version is for you, but not for me

Comment

making mp a bit better? realy theres only so many things you can do with mp while leaving SP offliners little if nothing to do besides the same old maps with the same old bots over and over again. If it wasn't for mods I would never have bought this game. I hope there is a storyline played out through cut scenes in Envy, and seeing how UC2 went they are probaly going to add some sort of story, it's half the reason UC2 got such high ratings.

I also hope to see full melee integration. I hate damned controlers, all hail the mighty keyboard and mouse. Melee combat is simply more interesting then blasting your enemy with a shock combo.

THis is all just my opinion though

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.fuegerstef
                  Right, it wouldn't be cool on a PC. So leave it out, EPIC.
                  I agree, on the consoles it is brilliantly done, but I cant see it working very well on the PC.

It would be nice to see the same character direction with ENVY. With UT2004, the characters seemed boring and unimaginative. Characters within the same race all looked the same, despite having a different model.
                  In UC2, all the characters in the same race (perhaps excluding the juggernauts) look completly different and unique. Hell, even the ones using the same models look unique!
                  I'd rather have a reasonable amount of imaginative, higly detailed and unique characters than loads and loads of boring and bland ones.

Comment

some CG damnitt!
                    You might not understand this, but ENVY is its own CG.

Comment

What is CG?
                      Computer Graphics?
                      Computer Generated cutscenes or summin?

Comment

i rented unreal championship today for my xbox, and i got a chance to play it a bit while i was rendering a 10 second 3D animation (2.5 hours for 10 seconds. technology rocks!), and i enjoyed the game a lot. it also showed me a lot of the stuff that is missing form UT2k4 and that i hope to see in ENVY. i would like to see the production values for one thing. the UC2 intro, splash start screen, menus, and style really up the quality of the game. next, the CG sequences are very nice and make the single player worthwhile to play. you feel like you have a reason to play it. speaking of CG, i saw Epic's UC2 commerical so i know they can do some really quality sequences. the next thing i liked, were the character specific weapons and traits. even thoughthere is a species mutator in the UT2k* series, it's pretty much worthless. UC2 actually made it feel like the character made a difference. It also added to the personality of the game and single player, since i wanted to beat levels to unlock new characters and mutators. charcter specific weapons also made a big difference, since the melee combat is a big part of the game. speaking of melee, i really like how that was incorporated. even though it wouldn't be quite as cool on a computer, i think you need to incorporate the 3rd person view a little more and make it as smooth as UC2. speaking of smoothness, the characters animations made the game a ton of fun when doing jumps. i loved the animations and the new feel of the jumps, and hope that they are updated for ENVY. i also like the idea of being limited to your start weapons. having a hitscan weapon, and a projectile weapon at start-up would be so much better than that sutpid assualt rifle. but i also feel that you should be able to pick up your fallen opponents weapons and build up a small arsenal to a limited extent.

summary: in ENVY i want to see a better developed single player, some CG damnitt, some gameplay modifications, and more STYLE!
                        I have a bit to say about that. PC games arent focused on single player. They are focused on the MultiPlayer aspect of it. So in all retrospects I would rather have a ****ty single player and a nice online game, rather than a better single player.

Melee weapons would be fun to see, but for the PC its a bad idea. Consoles dont have a gameplay as intense as a PC game, and doesn't have the same amount of control as a PC game either. This can be seen in the Chaos MOD for UT2004, with the melee weapons being absolutely terrible for killing.

CG I dont think is neccessary. The UE3 does a nice enough job as it is. No need for EPIC to hire a CG company to create the videos for the game when the UE3 could just render it real time and in high quality.

CG is just a worthless cause unless your actually publishing a film.

Comment

is unreal championship 2 can play as Third Person View too??

I know you talking about "3rd person view" but I dont understand English well so please tell me "yes or no" and if "Yes" I going to buy too
                          I just got XBox for Star wars lll so ...
                          thank you :heart:

Comment

Re: is unreal championship 2 can play as Third Person View too??

Originally posted by buffytheslayer
                            please tell me and if so I going to buy too
                            I just got XBox for Star wars lll so ...
                            thank you :heart:
                            err, rephrase your title please.
                            and youo can play in first person view and third person view.

Comment

Re: Re: is unreal championship 2 can play as Third Person View too??

Originally posted by toniglandyl
                              err, rephrase your title please.
                              and youo can play in first person view and third person view.
                              wow so fast ! thank you ! I go buy tomorrow :up:

Comment

Working...
                              X